Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
trg-s338 trg-s338 is offline

Default Transformer 12 Kva 240/480 3Phase search.

On Dec 19, 2:21*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:11:38 -0800 (PST), trg-s338

wrote:
Still searching for a used, inexpensive surplus transformer 10 to
12Kva 240/480V 3 phase dry type to step-up my 240V 3Phase RPC output
to 480V to run my mill. ?
Thank you in advance.
Manny

How much are you willing to pay?
Gunner, So Cal, with sources all over.

At this time, I only have $200.00 for a budget on this, a little tight
I know but times have put a little squeeze on me, at least for a
little while. I probably should wait until I cobble up more mullah
but I am chompin' at the bit to get my mill going to take my mind off
of other stresses at this time. I am keeping the Kva size limited
because my house panel is full ( including my 50A RPC breaker) and I
don't want to trigger the breaker on start up if the transf is too
large. I also am aware that I can wire 3 - 3Kva single phase
transformers in delta and accomplish the same thing but that also has
to be addressed by cost as well as footprint space in my small home
shop.