Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Wes, snowed in?

How are you doing up there, Wes? The weather map suggests that you got both
the big storm and some lake-effect snow, with hellish winds causing
whiteouts. Everything OK?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

How are you doing up there, Wes? The weather map suggests that you got both
the big storm and some lake-effect snow, with hellish winds causing
whiteouts. Everything OK?

Yesterday I drove into work via the Braille method. One wheel on the center rumble cuts
while I looked out the side window to see where the other side of the road was. Looking
out the windshield was pretty useless except for figuring clearances between me and
oncoming traffic.

Half way, I got passed by a pickup, I thought cool, something to follow. That lasted two
miles until he stopped to pull someone out of the ditch.

Shortly after, I caught up to a 4x4 and he pulled over to let me go by. I was really
hoping he would play lead dog for a while.

Made it to work on time.

Today was better. It was calm during my drive time in and it was still daylight during
periods of poor visibility due to blowing snow on my way home.

I'm home, drive way snow blown open again, car pointed the right way for leaving in the
morning. This really isn't Saturn SL weather.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

'Glad to hear all is well. It sounded bad -- and familiar.

I hate driving in whiteouts, something that happened to me often in
Michigan, particularly when I drove up to Boyne Highlands to go skiing. And
I was driving an MG Midget in those days. It could have gotten lost in the
tread pattern of the snow blower trucks. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

When I used to drive to work instead of walking out to the shop as I do now
I preferred my Buick Century to my Chev PU 4X4 in nasty weather. The only
time I took the pickup is when the snow was so deep the car would drag
bottom and just wouldn't go. I am glad we just got a dusting from the storm
but it did screw up my steel order. The sheets of steel that were to
transfer from Dodge Center to Fargo are still down there.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

It could have gotten lost in the
tread pattern of the snow blower trucks. d8-)

It could have become the tread pattern of the snow trucks

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And, please remind us where you are?

I'm pleased you are home, safely. Please consider stay home,
if it's that bad.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message

[...]

"Additionally as a security officer, I carry a gun to
protect
government officials but my life isn't worth protecting at
home
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote: