Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Up North Up North is offline

Default OT - Wes, snowed in?

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

How are you doing up there, Wes? The weather map suggests that you got
both
the big storm and some lake-effect snow, with hellish winds causing
whiteouts. Everything OK?

Yesterday I drove into work via the Braille method. One wheel on the
center rumble cuts
while I looked out the side window to see where the other side of the road
was. Looking
out the windshield was pretty useless except for figuring clearances
between me and
oncoming traffic.

Half way, I got passed by a pickup, I thought cool, something to follow.
That lasted two
miles until he stopped to pull someone out of the ditch.

Shortly after, I caught up to a 4x4 and he pulled over to let me go by. I
was really
hoping he would play lead dog for a while.

Made it to work on time.

Today was better. It was calm during my drive time in and it was still
daylight during
periods of poor visibility due to blowing snow on my way home.

I'm home, drive way snow blown open again, car pointed the right way for
leaving in the
morning. This really isn't Saturn SL weather.

Wes

When I used to drive to work instead of walking out to the shop as I do now
I preferred my Buick Century to my Chev PU 4X4 in nasty weather. The only
time I took the pickup is when the snow was so deep the car would drag
bottom and just wouldn't go. I am glad we just got a dusting from the storm
but it did screw up my steel order. The sheets of steel that were to
transfer from Dodge Center to Fargo are still down there.
Steve