Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lathe purchase advice sought

I need a lathe with a little larger capacity than the Sherline that I've been
using for a while, but don't have very much of a budget for buying a
replacement. Several months' worth of patient scanning of local advertising
has not panned out, so it's looking like I'll need to buy new. I'm considering
the following, any of which would be large enough for my needs for the
forseeable futu

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=22082712
http://www.grizzly.com/products/7-x-...al-Lathe/G8688
http://www.micromark.com/MICROLUX-7X...ATHE,8176.html

Any of these that I should *not* be considering? Any others that I *should*
be? Things to be aware of with any of the above? All advice is gratefully
appreciated. *Good* advice will be further appreciated with a cold bottle of
homebrewed porter (if you can come to Indianapolis to get it). TIA...