Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Isolating neutral bus from ground bus

I was looking at my sub panel beside my main panel. (It is about 2
feet away and was added a few years ago because of lack of space in
main panel).

I believe I read that the netral and ground busses must be isolated on
a sub panel. When I checked with a continity tester, it beeped meaning
they are connected. This is a Square D Homeline series model number
HOMC2OU100C with a main breaker.

It looks like the bonding screw was removed though? There are two blue
screws one at the neutral lug area and one at the ground lug area. I
removed one and still contnuity. I removed both and no continuity.
These look like the screws you remove to remove the interrior of the
cabinet.

SHould I leave the screws out? Can anyone help me with this model?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SHould I leave the screws out? Can anyone help me with this model?

Your panels are too close to trust the ohmeter or whatever you are
using to chec for discontinuity. And with many wires in the subpanel
already in use I would not trust your testing. So disconnect
everything and verify there is no connection between the neutral and
ground buss.

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 2, 11:48*pm, Bob AZ wrote:
SHould I leave the screws out? Can anyone help me with this model?

Your panels are too close to trust the ohmeter or whatever you are
using to chec for discontinuity. And with many wires in the subpanel
already in use I would not trust your testing. So disconnect
everything and verify there is no connection between the neutral and
ground buss.

Bob *AZ

The power feed from the main panel to the sub panel has been removed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , stryped wrote:
On Dec 2, 11:48=A0pm, Bob AZ wrote:
SHould I leave the screws out? Can anyone help me with this model?

Your panels are too close to trust the ohmeter or whatever you are
using to chec for discontinuity. And with many wires in the subpanel
already in use I would not trust your testing. So disconnect
everything and verify there is no connection between the neutral and
ground buss.

The power feed from the main panel to the sub panel has been removed.

And that has what, exactly, to do with the neutrals?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 3, 8:56*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , stryped wrote:

On Dec 2, 11:48=A0pm, Bob *AZ wrote:
SHould I leave the screws out? Can anyone help me with this model?

Your panels are too close to trust the ohmeter or whatever you are
using to chec for discontinuity. And with many wires in the subpanel
already in use I would not trust your testing. So disconnect
everything and verify there is no connection between the neutral and
ground buss.

The power feed from the main panel to the sub panel has been removed.

And that has what, exactly, to do with the neutrals?

I am saying I have 4-3 Romaex, the whole thing was removed. (Including
the neutrals).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , stryped wrote:
On Dec 3, 8:56=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, stryped wrote:

On Dec 2, 11:48=3DA0pm, Bob =A0AZ wrote:
SHould I leave the screws out? Can anyone help me with this model?

Your panels are too close to trust the ohmeter or whatever you are
using to chec for discontinuity. And with many wires in the subpanel
already in use I would not trust your testing. So disconnect
everything and verify there is no connection between the neutral and
ground buss.

The power feed from the main panel to the sub panel has been removed.

And that has what, exactly, to do with the neutrals?

I am saying I have 4-3 Romaex, the whole thing was removed. (Including
the neutrals).

Then what's your question?