Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead angle for boring bar?

Should an insert on a boring bar be neutral?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:39:14 -0600, Louis Ohland
wrote:

Should an insert on a boring bar be neutral?

Usually..but it depends on if its a postive or negative insert.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Should an insert on a boring bar be neutral?

Usually..but it depends on if its a postive or negative insert.

Looking at a CCMT with a 7 degree relief.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Why do you ask?

Pete Stanaitis

Should an insert on a boring bar be neutral?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spaco wrote:
Why do you ask?
Should an insert on a boring bar be neutral?

There are bars with negative, neutral, and positive (best I can
understand the drawings/photos) angles. What seems to be sensible is a
bar with the insert at 0 degrees (horizontal) when mounted.