Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ohio brush company

Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

Uh, ask Tom Gardner ("Buerste"). He owns the company. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:19:04 -0500, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

Paging Tom...Paging Tom..you are needed in plumbing..you are needed in
plumbing

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:19:04 -0500, the infamous "Phil Kangas"
scrawled the following:

Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

(See, Tawm? I _told_ you it was time. vbg)

Phil, Burste will reply shortly to steer you to the man who can help
you. He's in tight with those oHeeO brush guys. snicker

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

As soon as we get a breather on overtime I will try to get the stuff you
need to do the website. I didn't learn procrastination, I TEACH it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:37:54 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yah know..you can have Dual websites on the same server....one for
commercial accounts, one for sales.

Its not a big brainer. Larry should be able to do it in a snap.

Hell..you can even link to the existing photos and pictures and put
different Stuff with em.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

The trouble is that to do web/retail sales the orders are very small and we
don't do small orders. we would have to build a whole new system.

Did you get my email about FFL?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. Ive been following the thread closely.

Did you get my email about FFL?

Did you get my lengthy response?

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:40:50 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Most of my clients teach it. DAMHIKT. OK, I'm going back to sleep.

Yah know..you can have Dual websites on the same server....one for
commercial accounts, one for sales.

Its not a big brainer. Larry should be able to do it in a snap.

Hell..you can even link to the existing photos and pictures and put
different Stuff with em.

Gunner

The trouble is that to do web/retail sales the orders are very small and we
don't do small orders. we would have to build a whole new system.

You need a highly paid (hah!) outside salesman to handle that for you,
sir. (raises hand)

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

Hey Phil,

If you haven't got him yet, try Tom at both these emails.

Ohio Brush is in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

Hey Phil,

If you haven't got him yet, try Tom at both these emails.

Ohio Brush is in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Those are both fake e-mails after I received 10,000 e-mails per day from
people that disagree with me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Let us know when you're ready to go retail. I'm interested, but I
need a few, or a metalworking hobby assortment, not a box of 100.
Thanks.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:53:01 -0600, Pete Keillor
wrote:

Let us know when you're ready to go retail. I'm interested, but I
need a few, or a metalworking hobby assortment, not a box of 100.
Thanks.

The assortment idea is good, but if they are buying direct from the
manufacturer they should expect to stock up a bit to get the good
'trade' prices. If they want ONE Piece, send them to a retailer.

And tradesmen use their specialized products more than the average
hobbyist - I could go through a pack of ten "stainless toothbrushes"
in a reasonable period, because I use them whenever I work with any
aluminum wire.

(As it is now, it's a pain to find the perfect sized ones, or you
have to buy a 3-pack with a brass and a steel that get thrown away. So
I use them till they fall apart, bristles all bent back...)

Make a reasonable quantity small pack like three to ten per style
for the scratch and scrub and sweep products, and stick with it.

For instance, if your hundred pack hand brushes are machine packaged
in cartons by making ten layers of ten in a 18X18X18 carton seperated
by cardboard buffer sheets, order the same sized cartons but only one
layer deep - 18x18x2.

Then all you have to modify on the packing line is pull and tape the
box every pick, rather than 9 sheets of seperator cardboard and then
pick. And then lower the same box sealing machine to flip the flaps
and tape/staple closed a short box of the same LxW dimensions.

Selling singles from open boxes can be done, but picking and packing
and inventory management will drive you mad - unless you want to hire
a kid or a retiree to handle it. You want to just grab the little
box, slap on a label, and drop it into the "UPS Out" bin.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I can see now how retail can be a royal goatf..k to deal
with..;))
I'd be tickled pink to find USA brushes at the local
Fastenal.
Forney and Weiler are made in Mexico, at least the ones I
have
now are anyway. Several years ago I got some from Northen
Hydraulics and they were the absolute worst! I declared them
government certified safe for unsupervised tooth brushing by
young children! The wires bent and stayed bent on the palm
of
my hand! Silky soft firewood.......:((
phil

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Those are both fake e-mails after I received 10,000 e-mails per day from
people that disagree with me.

You missed the zipped file of bullet casting stuff I sent you. Also
sent it to the contact at the factory, but you must not have gotten
that either. It's been a few weeks.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When just 1 or 2 brushes will help get the job finished, KD Tools #2309 may
be available at an auto parts store.
The KD brushes are made in the USA (at least recently), with ss bristles and
a very durable hardwood handle, about $5.50 each, mounted on a blister card.

The local autobody supplies dealer has had them regularly for a number of
years. I generally always buy 1 or more when I'm there, because if products
aren't selling, many places will stop stocking them.

They're great for a lot of other purposes (soldering, cleaning files etc),
so they're handy to have around. I try to leave at least one new one in the
package for aluminum work (not contaminated).

--
WB
metalworking projects