Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting "vise"

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 28, 10:21*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Keyton

That's one of those wood working vices that takes the fingers off
people that thinks it's a vise.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 29, 2:21*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Keyton

I'm always careful with old vices. I've heard that they can come back
to haunt you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

And here I was going to sell my jointer to fund the replacement of my vise
that broke.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Another import from Chino

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

of course, it might be a mistake - I'm sure some of you made one once -
upload the wrong picture?? particularly if "jr" is doing it

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 29, 5:03*am, "Buerste" wrote:

And here I was going to sell my jointer to fund the replacement of my vise
that broke.

So that's what they do. Mine was too dull for much else.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 29, 3:21*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Keyton

That appears to be a blacksmith Post Vise. Or am I missing a joke?
_kevin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 29, 3:00*pm, Kevin Archibald wrote:
That appears to be a blacksmith Post Vise. *Or am I missing a joke?
_kevin

http://www.anvilfire.com/FAQs/vises.htm

My copy of the item pictured for sale thinks it's a Delta Milwaukee
Homecraft (Rockwell) jointer.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

I have one like it, and it is tiny.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:00:19 -0800 (PST), Kevin Archibald
wrote:

On Nov 29, 3:21*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Keyton

That appears to be a blacksmith Post Vise. Or am I missing a joke?
_kevin

AH! they finally changed it.

It originally was a picture of a small electric wood planer G

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

It originally was a picture of a small electric wood planer G

No, it was a jointer. I did learn something hanging out on wreck.wooddorking .

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That appears to be a blacksmith Post Vise. Or am I missing a joke?
_kevin

AH! they finally changed it.

It originally was a picture of a small electric wood planer G

Ok, I could see why someone said it was dangerous, i grew up using a vise
like that, it is still used by my dad.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Nov 29, 3:21*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Keyton

That appears to be a blacksmith Post Vise. Or am I missing a joke?
_kevin

Yes to what Kevin said.. I've got two like that, one of which has
about a 1-1/2" ball at the foot of the leg. Maybe the one here has it
also, but the pix is trimmed?? Mine are a little bit heavier duty
from what I see.

I always thought they were blacksmith's "portable" vises.

And I also thought a "post vise" is literally that...a squared wooden
post with a moving jaw attached. Got one of them too.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 01:35:31 -0800 (PST), the infamous
" scrawled the following:

On Nov 28, 10:21*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1486178483.html

That's one of those wood working vices that takes the fingers off
people that thinks it's a vise.

It looks a whole lot like an old blacksmith's post vise to me.

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.