Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Use of primitive tools

I think it's a sad commentary on the different activites we
provide for our youth. I got to use the can opener on a
folding knife, about age 6 or 8 some where along that age.
Had my first folding knife by 8 or so. Now days, I doubt
that kids are allowed to carry pocket knives, even when not
in school.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
I saw an interesting event on Jay Jeno last night: Memebrs
of the five armed
services were trying to open a can of cranberry sauce using
a Swiss army
knife. It was horrible. None of them seemed to have a clear
idea how to use
the can opener attachment, in fact I am pretty sure some of
them used the
wrong attachment. Four of them managed eventually at a cost
of some injuries
and the cans were mangled. One failed to empty the can in
the alloted time.

I wondered about the implications: Is this a reflection on
general
population's unfamiliarity with a can opener? Is this a
reflection on basic
training? Is it because the knife was *Swiss*? It cannot be
because the
knife was *Army* as I believe it was the Army guy who
failed. I hesitate to
cite stress affecting the performance of members of fighitng
forces.

Would members of the Special Forces have done better? One of
the guys made a
creditable effort to rip the can open with his bare hands
but with a minimum
result. How would the US Armed forces stack up against, say,
the Brits or
the Russians?

Is this something to be concerned about? Do I have too much
time on my
hands?

--
Michael Koblic
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 06 Dec 2009 17:58:19 GMT, Eregon wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 22:39:10 -0600, "William Wixon"
wrote:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1225/...905c4ad24b.jpg

NICE!!!

Gunner

How about http://dealspl.us/product/chain-mail-bra-and-thong ?

That will work also. But I like the first gal.. better

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost