Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got a spare puter? Try Mint 7 Linux

Gunner Asch wrote:

I dual boot various forms of Linux and this one may stay on my puter
for a while. With Wine to run windows programs...its simple, powerful
and the Shock of learning a new operating system is minimized..its
much akin to Windows in many ways

Gunner

Look to see if Mint has "PlayonLinux" as an installable file
in Synaptics or Mint's equivalent of the Ubuntu Software Center.

I installed PlayonLinux and now I can run Internet Explorer 6 !!!
Still haven't figured out why I would want to, tho.

technomaNge
--
Posted from my Ubuntu 9.10 box.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:22:30 -0600, technomaNge
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I dual boot various forms of Linux and this one may stay on my puter
for a while. With Wine to run windows programs...its simple, powerful
and the Shock of learning a new operating system is minimized..its
much akin to Windows in many ways

Gunner

Look to see if Mint has "PlayonLinux" as an installable file
in Synaptics or Mint's equivalent of the Ubuntu Software Center.

I installed PlayonLinux and now I can run Internet Explorer 6 !!!
Still haven't figured out why I would want to, tho.

Maybe because it opens you to viruses? Whats life without a little
challenge?

Gunner, posting on Agent running under Wine on Mint 7

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I installed PlayonLinux and now I can run Internet Explorer 6 !!!
Still haven't figured out why I would want to, tho.

Maybe because it opens you to viruses? Whats life without a little
challenge?

Quite enjoyable, actually!