Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another Failed Presidency

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

The truth is more or less the opposite, as most people who followed it
over the last few years already know. There's a new study out as of
October that documents the preemptions made by the Bush administration to
block the efforts by 49 states to tighten up on borrowing and mortgage
qualifications.

As the study makes clear, it was an administrative decision, not a
legislative one. You can get most of it from the Executive Summary:

http://www.ccc.unc.edu/documents/Pha...2009_Clean.pdf

Based on your own criteria, I'm sure you won't find this embarrassing. g
Doubtless you'll just ignore it and move on, as usual.

(Gunner claims not to read my posts so maybe someone else will want to
reply to it here, so he at least sees it for himself.)

--
Ed Huntress

wow, you reminded me, they say that's what eliot spitzer was doing in
washington when he got busted with the hooker, wasn't he supposed to give a
presentation to congress that would've made bushco look bad? spitzer was
battling with wall street to protect new yorkers from "predatory lending
practices". what's his name... cheney had a hard on for spitzer.

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Wixon" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I haven't looked into it, but there's speculation that Spitzer was
"investigated" just in time to avoid a lawsuit that he was preparing to lead
against the feds. There are some comments I've seen about it but I haven't
seen any real investigation.

The whole thing struck me funny because the feds usually leave those whoring
cases alone, unless they want to get somebody -- or unless they act
completely insane and expose themselves to everyone, like Sanford did.

--
Ed Huntress