Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pictures -- Drill press moved

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Powe...It-Downstairs/

I have fully reassembled it and raised it so that it stands about
where it is supposed to. I used a chain hoist to stand it up.

The next step will be installing a VFD to run it. I have decided to
install a 115v VFD and avoid making a 220v circuit in the basement
shop.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:06:29 -0600, Ignoramus9270
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Powe...It-Downstairs/

I have fully reassembled it and raised it so that it stands about
where it is supposed to. I used a chain hoist to stand it up.

The next step will be installing a VFD to run it. I have decided to
install a 115v VFD and avoid making a 220v circuit in the basement
shop.

Be sure to over size the VFD..if the motor is 1hp..be sure to use a 1.25
or 1.5 hp VFD.

Else starting problems may not show up..but if you get stuck in a
hole...under load...thats when the problem shows up........

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Powe...It-Downstairs/

I have fully reassembled it and raised it so that it stands about
where it is supposed to. I used a chain hoist to stand it up.

The next step will be installing a VFD to run it. I have decided to
install a 115v VFD and avoid making a 220v circuit in the basement
shop.

Be sure to over size the VFD..if the motor is 1hp..be sure to use a 1.25
or 1.5 hp VFD.

That is is rated for single phase input and 1 HP output. It is also
rated for 50% overcurrent for 1 minute.

Else starting problems may not show up..but if you get stuck in a
hole...under load...thats when the problem shows up........

I hope that I will be fine. We';ll see. I will also install a
reversing switch on it and, possibly, also a foot switch in series,
for kids' safety.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Here's the VFD that I bought.

http://www.driveswarehouse.com/Drive...00-007MFU.html