Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fluke DMMs and VFD motor drives

DaveC wrote:

I'm considering the purchase of a new Fluke DMM. I like the low-impedance
feature of the 117, but the low-pass filter feature of the 87 is also
attractive.

I had a conversation with a support engineer at Fluke today to try to help me
decide between these two meters.

It came down to the question of whether the variable-frequency drives I come
across will have noisy outputs which the low-pass filter will be helpful in
dealing with.

The other day I was using my Fluke 33 clamp on amp meter to measure both amps and freq on
a servo system. I got some rather high freq readings using it. I have a 117 DMM, if I
get time, I'd like to check it against my 8+ year old amp clamp to see how freq compares.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller