Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stanley to buy Black & Decker.

The two largest U.S. toolmakers, Stanley Works (NYSE: SWK) and Black &
Decker Corp (NYSE: BDK), have decided to join hands and get together.
Driven by the potential $350 million in annualized cost savings and a
rebound in the housing sector, Stanley Works have agreed to buy Black &
Decker for about $4.5 billion in an all-stock transaction.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/feature...d-1089667.html

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 23:25:47 -0800, "azotic" wrote:

The two largest U.S. toolmakers, Stanley Works (NYSE: SWK) and Black &
Decker Corp (NYSE: BDK), have decided to join hands and get together.
Driven by the potential $350 million in annualized cost savings and a
rebound in the housing sector, Stanley Works have agreed to buy Black &
Decker for about $4.5 billion in an all-stock transaction.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/feature...d-1089667.html

Best Regards
Tom.

My Condolences to Stanley, as I would NEVER buy anything B & D.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.themoneytimes.com/feature...buy-black-deck...

Best Regards
Tom.

My Condolences to Stanley, as I would NEVER buy anything B & D.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

DeWalt was pretty good, for a while anyway.

It'll really be over when a chinese company buys milwaukee. Or did
that already happen?

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 05:50:26 -0800 (PST), XR650L_Dave
wrote:

On Nov 3, 8:35*am, Randy wrote:
[...]

Sort of. Milwaukee is owned by TTI, a Hong Kong-based company founded
about 25 years ago by a European dude and a Chinese guy. Factories are
in South China. They also make Ryobi, Homelite and a bunch of others.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's a bit of a shame. Some of my very best electric tools to
this day are B&D commercial grade. I would put them up against
anything made today.

I am not a brand name junky. I own some Makita (best drywall
guns). Mostly Milwaukee - drills, recip, circular saw. DeWalt
battery stuff, mostly because that is where I go started back when
and stay with the 18 volt.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote:

The two largest U.S. toolmakers, Stanley Works (NYSE: SWK) and
Black &
Decker Corp (NYSE: BDK), have decided to join hands and get
together.
Driven by the potential $350 million in annualized cost savings
and a
rebound in the housing sector, Stanley Works have agreed to buy
Black &
Decker for about $4.5 billion in an all-stock transaction.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/feature...d-1089667.html

Best Regards
Tom.

My Condolences to Stanley, as I would NEVER buy anything B & D.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:35:56 -0500, the infamous Randy
scrawled the following:

My Condolences to Stanley, as I would NEVER buy anything B & D.

They're great tools to take into an area where your expensive tools
might be stolen, and they're great backup tools. Don't be so elitist,
Randy.

Q: Didja hear about the ho who got metal braces put on her teeth?
A: She was then known as the Black and Decker Pecker Wrecker.

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 06:22:59 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:35:56 -0500, the infamous Randy
scrawled the following:

My Condolences to Stanley, as I would NEVER buy anything B & D.

They're great tools to take into an area where your expensive tools
might be stolen, and they're great backup tools. Don't be so elitist,
Randy.

I've just had too many die an early death, My 15-20 year old Makita
7.2 volt cordless is still going strong, batteries still take a charge
and hold it fairly well. My 3 year old Milwaukee 18 volt has gone
through 3 batteries and 2 chargers. Drill is great, power will twist
your wrist off, batteries and chargers are pure crap. Currently using
a Radio Shack battery in the Milwaukee.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:23:18 -0500, the infamous Randy
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:35:56 -0500, the infamous Randy
scrawled the following:

My Condolences to Stanley, as I would NEVER buy anything B & D.

They're great tools to take into an area where your expensive tools
might be stolen, and they're great backup tools. Don't be so elitist,
Randy.

I've just had too many die an early death,

What deaths? I inherited a 20 y/o B&D drill motor and it squeals from
losing all the tranny fluid, but it still drills, for hours if need
be. I use it when I can't find a charged battery _and_ the other B&D
(with the HF 1/2" chuck on it) is also MIA. I've always kept my old
B&D tools after upgrading to decent ones, and they always work when I
dust 'em off and try 'em again. shrug

I've never tried to run a business with them, though. They weren't
made for that in the first place. IAC, I like the old beaters.

My 15-20 year old Makita
7.2 volt cordless is still going strong, batteries still take a charge
and hold it fairly well. My 3 year old Milwaukee 18 volt has gone
through 3 batteries and 2 chargers. Drill is great, power will twist
your wrist off, batteries and chargers are pure crap. Currently using
a Radio Shack battery in the Milwaukee.

My Ryobi drill motor has been great, but the batteries in it die on a
regular basis. the old Skil my parents gave to me a decade ago is
still humming, or was. I gave it to my sister a couple years ago and
when I was in CA this summer, she couldn't find the charger.

I'm close to 3 years on my Bosch 14.4v Impactor and batteries, and
nothing seems to be slowing down on them yet. I'll upgrade to an 18v
when it does. I love the hell out of that thing! It's strong enough
to change the tires on my truck.