Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Y2k still in people's memories

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 01:12:09 -0500, Deucalion
wrote:

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 05:56:48 +0000 (UTC), Curly Surmudgeon
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:43:19 -0500, Deucalion wrote:

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 05:38:30 +0000 (UTC), Curly Surmudgeon
wrote:

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 23:40:14 -0500, Deucalion
wrote:

The same Deuce that you threatend to visit and kill? *Sure YOU kill
dogs on your porch. *But to visit and kill someone yoiu threatened?
Hah!

Blink blink..and Im just a tired worn out old fart. *Doesnt make a
lot of sense that he should feel so inferior does it?

The same Deuce that you threatend to visit and kill? *Why wouldn't
he feel superior to an idle threat?

But then..he really is inferior to me. By a significant magnitude.

The same Deuce that you threatend to visit and kill?

Several orders in fact.

The same Deuce that you threatend to visit and kill?

Pity about his inferiority.

The same Deuce that you threatend to visit and kill?

Kindly post a copy of the police report. Thanks.

You assume Deuce took Herr Gumby seriously enough to file a police
report? Your stupidity shines, Cheese-Bob.

Just for the record, in case HHC wants to file a report for me. I
knew that gunner had let his mouth override his ass from the moment
that he posted his "name the time and location" threat. However, had
I been truly mistaken and had gunner actually meant to carry through
on his threat, I still didn't feel threatened because I knew he was
incapable of carrying it out. So did he. That's why he didn't show.

Yes, thank you for demonstrating the methodology of dealing with usenet
******s. It worked quite well with "Patriot Games," AKA Bob Milby, too.

It all goes back to an axiom that I heard a long time ago and I've found
it to be generally true. It goes like this. "Those who can't, talk
about it and those who can, just do it." It seems to be true about a
lot of things. The more that they talk, the less that they are capable.

I used to hang out with members of a motorcycle gang and I saw it in
action time and time again. They don't talk about it, they just do it.

Not to mention the inherent danger of threatening someone's life face to
face. If you're going to do **** then, as you say, do it. Threats
should be taken seriously. If the Joe on the next barstool threatens
your life then you take him out quickly. Big mouths have a short
lifespan in reality. Usenet allows the ******s the anonymity to bluster
and theaten without risking their collective hides.

Humiliation for the ******s is a just reward.

I never once heard any of them make any threats. I did however see
them seriously mess up a few people who lacked common sense. Threats
have been a common occurrence due to career choices. While I take
them seriously, I have yet to have anyone carry through on them. I
worry much more about those whom I have made seriously mad by altering
their future who did not make threats and have associates on the
outside who would do their bidding.

It's all part of the every day life of what HHC refers to as a "Mall
Cop" I guess.

Threats are posturing with intent of avoiding actual combat or
minimizing damage of combat. It's quite common in nature.

The homo sapiens to worry about is he or she who would silently,
untracably, carefully and uncareingly take you out with no threat or
warning. Homo sapiens is a very nasty species that can exhibit
gratuitous and vicious cruelty even beyond that of shrew, wolverine
or coyote.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. Which is why I find it so fascinating that the low life
****tards keep claiming Im "threatening" them, when all Ive ever done is
make observations, and not even regarding myself. Hummm I think Ive
given a couple warnings over the years, but they were hardly threats.

More along the lines of "no smoking while fueling your vehicle" Thats
hardly a threat. It is however a warning.
Ignore it and you can die.

I never threaten. No point to it. People seldom pay attention to
threats. All to few even pay attention to warnings.

On the other hand...if someone wants to harm me..my address has been
provided repeatedly. Just stay on the path,( if you dont, you may step
on a mine) and ring the bell. Please keep a copy of your ID in your
sock, so the next of kin may be notified.

See, no threat.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

wrote:

[...]

I was told a long time ago not to **** with an old man. But, for some
reason, people do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Those that do, seldom survive..so the lesson is seldom passed along.

Shrug