Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Renco Encoders web site ?

Hello,

Anybody know what is going on at Renco, the
encoder outfit? Their web site has been "down for
maintenance" all day, at least. You get one bare
page with some encoder pictures, but you can't get
to any of the catalog info, part number trees, etc.
One version of their web address goes straight to
Heidenhain in Germany, so I guess
they have been bought out.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

Hello,

Anybody know what is going on at Renco, the
encoder outfit? Their web site has been "down for
maintenance" all day, at least. You get one bare
page with some encoder pictures, but you can't get
to any of the catalog info, part number trees, etc.
One version of their web address goes straight to
Heidenhain in Germany, so I guess
they have been bought out.

Jon

It is down here also. Suggestion, use site:renco.com with google and look at cached
copies while available.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Just curious, I'm sure you use more encoders than me. I always order from
USdigital. So far, I've had no problems at all with their products. Their
kits are priced lower than anyone else I know of.

is Renco better?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
Just curious, I'm sure you use more encoders than me. I always order from
USdigital. So far, I've had no problems at all with their products. Their
kits are priced lower than anyone else I know of.

is Renco better?

Yes. There have been a number of problems with US
Digital encoders, especially
if you read the Gecko list. There is a thread on
this almost every month where somebody has built a
big machine and it is going crazy, and they
eventually have to either add capacitors next to
the encoder, install a line driver/receiver module
or replace with a different vendor.

Renco has a wider range of available sizes, shaft
size, resolution, output type including
differential line driver built into the encoder,
etc. Their prices are not bad at all on their
latest "modular" encoder, meaning the ones without
their own bearings.

Renco also has a couple lines of 6-channel
encoders that produce not only the normal ABZ
signals but also commutation signals for brushless
motors. These used to cost MANY hundreds of $,
but Renco now has some around $60, which is a great
deal to revive an expensive brushless motor.

It now appears that Renco is a division of
Heidenhain, and the Heidenhain US site
is down with the same mysterious "under
maintenance" message. Even funnier
is if you go to their old web store page
http://store.renco.com/ you now get an
Apache default web server page. I wonder if these
guys are running this on their
HOME computers? I can't believe a big,
multinational corporation would PLAN to just
go offline for days at a time!

Jon

Ref:Hurco Encoders Dave B[_2_] Metalworking 1 January 2nd 09 05:19 AM
Encoders oldjag Metalworking 7 November 12th 08 04:47 AM
Rotary encoders for 65XX and 66XX power supplies JW Electronics Repair 3 September 30th 08 12:51 PM
Flaky "data encoders" Hamad bin Turki Salami Electronics Repair 1 February 18th 06 10:54 AM
Connecting encoders Eric R Snow Metalworking 15 September 28th 05 04:24 AM