Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default flagged by craigslist

I had an ad removed by craigslist. I think I know why it was removed, but
trying to find out is pure dee pain in the ass complicated. They just have
a circuitous series of screens and chat forums, and nothing to just really
tell you flat out.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message
I had an ad removed by craigslist. I think I know why it was removed,
but trying to find out is pure dee pain in the ass complicated. They
just have a circuitous series of screens and chat forums, and nothing to
just really tell you flat out.

Steve

Anybody can flag a craigslist ad. If you think it meets all the rules
just repost it.

Craig's List ad seen recently

Slightly Used Small Goat Herd.
Free to good home.
You must TAKE them all.

Contact SteveB.
Please call between 11:00 pm and 4:00 am.

LOL. Thanks for the help.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm pretty sure guys who "find excellent deals" (and want to buy the
thing THEMSELVES) flag posts, too. plus guys selling similar items, who
want to 'limit the competition'. flagging on craigslist is pretty much
NOT a 'good thing' generally...

and, far as I know, there's NO way to EVER find out who 'flagged' (or
cancelled) your post "for" you (by flagging it), or why...

I had an ad removed by craigslist. I think I know why it was removed,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

and, far as I know, there's NO way to EVER find out who 'flagged' (or
cancelled) your post "for" you (by flagging it), or why...

That sucks. How the hell are you going to make changes and avoid problems
if they don't tell you why. I think the manager I am firing may have sent
in some flags to get it taken off. But it won't do him any good.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
and, far as I know, there's NO way to EVER find out who 'flagged' (or
cancelled) your post "for" you (by flagging it), or why...

That sucks. How the hell are you going to make changes and avoid
problems if they don't tell you why. I think the manager I am firing
may have sent in some flags to get it taken off. But it won't do him
any good.

They don't tell you because "they" don't know. A bunch of people decide to flag
because they don't like some aspect of the ad. Ususlly, because of some very
obvious TOU violations, or because of overposting. I takes more than a few flags
to remove a posting, and they claim to regester only one flag per user.

Craigslist = Scammers Charlie Self Woodworking 8 September 10th 09 04:07 PM
OT Craigslist flame war RoyJ Metalworking 9 December 31st 07 12:19 AM
Bridgeport type mill craigslist [email protected] [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 5th 07 06:53 PM
Craigslist Gunner[_2_] Metalworking 20 August 28th 07 01:14 AM
Funny craigslist ad ATP* Metalworking 3 December 16th 05 12:00 PM