Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Container heating and cooling

From: "SteveB"
Subject: Container heating and cooling
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:25 AM

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote

i bought a used container that was WAY older than i thought it was
(Close inspection revels it was built in 1971) but has no structural
rust to speak of so i'm essentially happy BUT i need to find out
where i can buy container hardware to redo one of the locking tabs
John R. Carroll

Where I bought mine, they will install roll up doors for you.
Sometimes, they install them in the sides, sometimes in the ends.
When they install them in the ends, they just toss the hardware on a
pile. My guy has lots of pieces and parts. What do you need?

They also sell the 6.5' x 7' cutouts for $5 each. Great for making a
fence, using a couple or three of them welded together, then a
telephone pole stub in the ground.

What I posted was the old material you couldn't recover from your news
server Steve.
I know diddly about this subject although I've considered something like
this a couple of times.

--
John R. Carroll

If it's just busted dogs, send me an e mail pic, and I'll go see if he has
any. He has handles and bars and the whole nine yards, but we may be
limited by length and shipping costs. Handles and dogs will go the under
70# weight limit on Priority Mail flat rate.

Steve

My bad. I was just out there moving stuff, and I see the bottom door lever
dogs are welded on, and not bolted.

Never mind. And good luck.

Steve