Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message news:...

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

These are close to the nominal groove diameters, so that doesn't explain
the
discrepancy. The best explanation I've heard is that manufacturers often
are
"creative" about naming calibers.

And creating yet another cartridge that serves no purpose other than
increasing sales.

As an old wildcat freak, I used to be one of those who believes there are
never enough cartridges. g For example, a K-Hornet is great out to maybe
175 years...

Damn, that should have been "yards." Bitten by the spell-chucker once again.

Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

These are close to the nominal groove diameters, so that doesn't explain
the
discrepancy. The best explanation I've heard is that manufacturers often
are
"creative" about naming calibers.

And creating yet another cartridge that serves no purpose other than
increasing sales.

As an old wildcat freak, I used to be one of those who believes there are
never enough cartridges. g For example, a K-Hornet is great out to maybe
175 years...

Damn, that should have been "yards." Bitten by the spell-chucker once again.

A good editor would have caught that, you know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:53:53 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message news:...

As an old wildcat freak, I used to be one of those who believes there
are never enough cartridges. g For example, a K-Hornet is great out
to maybe 175 years...

Damn, that should have been "yards." Bitten by the spell-chucker once
again. g

A good editor would have caught that, you know.

Or someone who bothers to proofread. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich