Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Someone Is Lying...

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Richard W. wrote:
"Cliff" wrote in message
news

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/...a-liar-wilson/
[
When it comes to the health care debate, there is simply no way that
both sides
can be right. Someone may very well be lying and it's up to the
American people
to figure out who is doing it -- Republicans or Democrats.
]
[
When it comes to the health care debate, there is simply no way that
both sides
can be right with their wildly differing projections of how reforms
will affect
patients and how it will all be paid for. Someone may very well be
lying and
it's up to the American people to figure out which side is doing it,
Republicans
or Democrats.

On Wednesday night, President Obama called Sarah Palin and, by
inference, his
critics, liars. Joe Wilson, called the president, and by inference,
his supporters, liars. One of them is probably right.
]

http://www.citizenlink.org/turnsignal/A000010787.cfm

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000010935.cfm

Obama Accuses Right of 'Bogus Claims'

by Kim Trobee, editor

'The truth is, he seeks to cover up his intention to use . government
subsidies to pay for health-care plans that cover abortion.'

President Barack Obama addressed a joint session of Congress on
Wednesday night in an effort to clear up what he called "bogus
claims" about health-care reform.

During the speech, the president said misinformation had made
Americans nervous about the bill.

"The best example is the claim," he said, "made not just by radio and
cable talk-show hosts, but prominent politicians, that we plan to set
up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens."

One major concern among pro-lifers is a House bill provision directing
seniors into "advance care planning consultations." The language was
developed with the help of a leading pro-assisted suicide
organization and would allow physician-assisted suicide to be on the
list of end of life options in states where assisted suicide is legal.

Yeah, Oregon.
You could kill all of the seniors in Oregon and there would be a fair
number
left over in the other States.
Pretty hard to believe they would all just keep quiet.

Obama also attacked pro-life groups' claims about abortion coverage.

"Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions,"
he said, "and federal conscience laws will remain in place."

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., cautioned against believing the president's
statement.

"If he intends to support the pro-life amendments that have thus far
been deleted by pro-abortion members of his party, we welcome that,"
he said. "But the truth is that he seeks to cover up his intention to
use the government-run public plan to send checks from the U.S.
Treasury to abortionists around the country - and, use government
subsidies to pay for health-care plans that cover abortion."

The language wasn't deleted, the ammendments to include new language were
tossed out, twice, and that language refused payment - for anything -
doctors that preformed abortions.

And I can't figure Chris Smith. He's basically in favor of federal support
for all kinds of medical issues. He's been the author of a number of bills
for federal assistance in medical treatments, from autism to lyme disease.
This sounds out of character to me.

But his district is a bunch of Pineys from Crackerland, NJ. g We do have
our nests of right-wing buttheads in this state, too. However, it may be
that he's an anti-abortionist himself. 'Don't know, it's not my district.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard W. wrote:
"Cliff" wrote in message
news

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/...a-liar-wilson/
[

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., cautioned against believing the
president's statement.

"If he intends to support the pro-life amendments that have thus far
been deleted by pro-abortion members of his party, we welcome that,"
he said. "But the truth is that he seeks to cover up his intention
to use the government-run public plan to send checks from the U.S.
Treasury to abortionists around the country - and, use government
subsidies to pay for health-care plans that cover abortion."

The language wasn't deleted, the ammendments to include new language
were tossed out, twice, and that language refused payment - for
anything - to
doctors that preformed abortions.

And I can't figure Chris Smith. He's basically in favor of federal
support for all kinds of medical issues. He's been the author of a
number of bills for federal assistance in medical treatments, from
autism to lyme disease. This sounds out of character to me.

But his district is a bunch of Pineys from Crackerland, NJ. g We do
have our nests of right-wing buttheads in this state, too. However,
it may be that he's an anti-abortionist himself. 'Don't know, it's
not my district.

He wants to keep his seat Ed and as I mentioned earlier, it's the moderates
that are going to get creamed.
I'm sure he's yielding to pressure from his own leadership as well.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Someone Is Lying...OT

Ed Huntress wrote:

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., cautioned against believing the president's
statement.

And I can't figure Chris Smith.
But his district is a bunch of Pineys from Crackerland, NJ.

Ahem....Keep in mind, Ed, that the only reason we let you down here is
that you've spent so much time in the bilges that you seem...somehow...
familiar.

g We do have
our nests of right-wing buttheads in this state, too. However, it may be
that he's an anti-abortionist himself.

He (reportedly) is. I can say that he has done a poor job representing me.

Kevin Gallimore
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"axolotl" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., cautioned against believing the president's
statement.

And I can't figure Chris Smith. But his district is a bunch of Pineys
from Crackerland, NJ.

Ahem....Keep in mind, Ed, that the only reason we let you down here is
that you've spent so much time in the bilges that you seem...somehow...
familiar.

Oh, jeez, do you live in the Pines? Sorry. I really like Pineys. My dad used
to play harmonica in a Piney beer join...er, tavern. g I'm originally from
Vineland, which used to be the Big City for Pineys. We'd see them at
Christmastime, when they brought in their holly wreaths and pine boughs to
sell...why they needed money I don't know. d8-)

g We do have
our nests of right-wing buttheads in this state, too. However, it may be
that he's an anti-abortionist himself.

He (reportedly) is. I can say that he has done a poor job representing me.

Kevin Gallimore

Are you around the shore, or really in the Pines?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Oh, jeez, do you live in the Pines? Sorry. I really like Pineys.

More of a clamdigger.. but the pineys and clamdiggers are shoulder to
shoulder against the city people. Politics, ya know

Are you around the shore, or really in the Pines?

Mr. Smith's district covers a lot of beach.

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"axolotl" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

Oh, jeez, do you live in the Pines? Sorry. I really like Pineys.

More of a clamdigger.. but the pineys and clamdiggers are shoulder to
shoulder against the city people. Politics, ya know

Are you around the shore, or really in the Pines?

Mr. Smith's district covers a lot of beach.

Yeah, I realize that; I was being facetious. Besides, all those retirement
villages in the Pines are chasing out the old Pineys.

But that is one of the more conservative districts in the state.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:07:01 -0400, axolotl
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., cautioned against believing the president's
statement.

And I can't figure Chris Smith.
But his district is a bunch of Pineys from Crackerland, NJ.

Ahem....Keep in mind, Ed, that the only reason we let you down here is
that you've spent so much time in the bilges that you seem...somehow...
familiar.

g We do have
our nests of right-wing buttheads in this state, too. However, it may be
that he's an anti-abortionist himself.

He (reportedly) is. I can say that he has done a poor job representing me.

Kevin Gallimore

http://www.examiner.com/x-9384-Mesa-...instream-media

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474