Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default Metalworking

If you have a post on metalworking I would like to read it all others go
away.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If you have a post on metalworking I would like to read it

all others go
away.

Ok, so how would you go about making a set of jaws for a
three jaw scroll chuck? Can you do it without the use of a
computer?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
m...
If you have a post on metalworking I would like to read it all others go
away.

Not a post as such - this guys got tooo much spare time:

http://lathes.jrbentley.com/modeltaig.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ok, so how would you go about making a set of jaws for a
three jaw scroll chuck? Can you do it without the use of a
computer?

I've made several sets of soft jaws for my two scroll chucks that were made
before reversible jaws were made separately from the scroll.

The first job is determining the shape of a tooth. Use an edge finder and
DRO to get three representative points on each side of the tooth. These
three points determine a circle, use a CAD program or a circle calculator to
find the radius, center and arc end points.

From here I wrote a CNC program to cut scroll teeth. You could do the same
thing with a rotary table.

Karl

Required political comment to qualify for an RCM post: The only thing I hate
worse than right wing extremist comments form the likes of Gunner is
extremist left wing comments from the likes of Cliff.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Polyp wrote:
... - this guys got tooo much spare time:

I think he must spend more time *cleaning* his shop than I do making
things G.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If you have a post on metalworking I would like to read it all others go
away.

I licensed a copy of Alibre, for chits and grins, I've been modeling the ball turning
attachment I saw at Names this year and was published in 'Home Shop Machinist'.

I'm pretty well convinced I'll be able to make it faster than I'm drawing it.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the insulation installed in the 11' x 8' soon to be
heated room out in the garage that has my lathe and bridgeport in. Winter is coming soon.

Had to work today

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 06:56:47 -0500, wrote:

If you have a post on metalworking I would like to read it all others go
away.

Ive got 3 scroll saws. 2 of them are 26" between the blade and inside of
the scroll..the other is 36" to the back of the frame.

How do I fix the blade holders?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Now that's metalworking! Michael Gray Metalworking 9 August 14th 08 10:49 PM
metalworking [email protected] Metalworking 0 August 1st 08 12:28 PM
some FUN-NY metalworking William Wixon Metalworking 4 February 19th 08 02:37 PM
Metalworking Brandon Metalworking 0 July 20th 07 08:59 PM
What is the most fun metalworking? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 40 June 5th 05 09:59 PM