Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hunter Alignment Machine

I just picked up a 1990 vintage Hunter F111 4 wheel computerized
alignment machine....price was right it was free. Cost 30K new, and
has EPROM upgrade from '06 when it was last used. It's a fairly
compact and portable system so I'd like to fix it, but it's no longer
supported by Hunter. Supposed to beep on power up and show a curser
on the CRT screen. If I could find schematics for it would probably
be a simple fix. Possibly just a DC power supply issue. Nice card
rack inside with everything easy to get at. Display section seems
okay, but no beep from the CPU board on power up, and no response to
front panel push buttons. Wheel sensors and remote console power up
okay. Tried cold start button on CPU board, with no luck. Pulled
boards and cleaned card edges. Was working before being stored
according to former owner. Anyone ever have or use one of these? If
nothing else I got some nice sliding wheel turntables to use with my
hand held camber gauge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 31, 11:24*pm, oldjag wrote:
[...]

Well, there's some general hints for troubleshooting such that I can
give. Locate where the power supply feeds the card rack and start
measuring voltages. If no voltage, remove cards one by one, power
down before removing, of course. If you get voltage back, you've
found a short. Then you get the fun of trying to repair an item with
no info other than what's on the card. '90s vintage should have some
identifiable chips that you can backtrack and find pinouts on, then
it's logic probe and/or O-scope time. If you pull ALL the cards and
don't get juice, you've got a bum PS. That vintage could be linear,
could be switching. You could probably adapt an AT computer supply if
it's a switching unit, a linear supply is fairly easy to repair.
Probably filter caps gone bad sitting there.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 1, 1:52*am, wrote:
[...]

Yeah still trying to find schematics from somewhere. Hunter and local
rep no help yet. The PS is linear, the regulated voltages that are
marked look good, +5, +/-12, but there are two outputs that are
reading -18V and +20V which seem to be unregulated. I need to do some
wire tracing to see what goes where....Regarding chips, the rep said
thats why Hunter quit supporting the older units..many of the chips
were no longer available. Generally the reps only exchanged boards
until the units worked, they never did any board level repairs, so
hence no schematics left over laying around.

New Hunter Sprinkler Heads dnoyeB Home Repair 11 July 2nd 08 02:58 PM
dr hunter patch adams [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 29th 08 10:36 AM
Old Hunter Fan Installation Harry Home Repair 6 January 10th 07 02:17 AM
Hunter fan remotes Kevin Jayne Home Repair 1 February 10th 06 12:11 PM
Hunter PGP Sprinkler Heads ?? James Home Repair 6 September 19th 05 02:54 PM