Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default actual metal working content - what do these tips fit?

I put a pair of fines into the metalworking dropbox
(http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/) called "indicator-tips" - I don't see
the files there yet, but they will show up soon I'm sure (I just discovered
that I messed up and sent the text file twice - I've re-uploaded the JPG -
with any luck it will be there)

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/indicator-tips.JPG

it looks like it's there now....
The file indicator-tips.JPG has been added to the Drop Box as
"indicator-tips.JPG".
The file indicator-tips.txt has been DEFERRED for manual handling as
"indicator-tips.txt-2".

anyone have a clue what indicator these fit? they don't go with anything I
have, so some idea of what they fit will help me find them a proper home

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ok, interesting that no one has offered a suggestion as to what these tips
fit - there has to be someone on this group that has seen these before -
they don't go on any of the indicators I have (B&S, Starrett, SPI, and so
on) - some of you guys with experience with older tools, please take a look
and see if you can offer a hint or two

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
I put a pair of fines into the metalworking dropbox
(http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/) called "indicator-tips" - I don't
see the files there yet, but they will show up soon I'm sure (I just
discovered that I messed up and sent the text file twice - I've re-uploaded
the JPG - with any luck it will be there)

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/indicator-tips.JPG

it looks like it's there now....
The file indicator-tips.JPG has been added to the Drop Box as
"indicator-tips.JPG".
The file indicator-tips.txt has been DEFERRED for manual handling as
"indicator-tips.txt-2".

anyone have a clue what indicator these fit? they don't go with anything
I have, so some idea of what they fit will help me find them a proper home

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Bill,
Maybe these are for an old mechanical test indicator like one of these
http://www.tias.com/8600/PictPage/1922676894.html
Paul
ps. Bill, I finally got charter to let me post

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

Thnaks, you were right - these tips fit an IDEAL Tool Co, "Single Ideal Test
Indicator" that looks a lot like the unit in your photo - conveniently I
have one with the original box, so now the tips are with something they
belong to. (of course I don't really need more than one of these Ideal
indicators.....)