Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ONE SECOND AFTER

On Aug 22, 5:53*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:

Note that Enola Gay had no trouble flying home.

* * * * Note as well, that the Enola Gay had no transistorized equipment.
pyotr filipivich

You all caught the small issue and missed the big one, the short mean
free path of electrons at low altitude prevents them from generating
much of a pulse outside the blast radius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Compare 20KV/meter to a lightning strike, which power lines, aircraft
instruments and radio towers generally survive. Several years ago it
hit the pole outside my house and fried the phone line protection
circuit, but didn't damage the cheap electronic phone connected to
it.

Trimmed to r.c.m because "Google Groups does not currently support
posting to the following usenet groups: "misc.survivalism""

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Jim Wilkins on or about
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:47:18 -0700 (PDT) did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Aug 22, 5:53*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:

Note that Enola Gay had no trouble flying home.

* * * * Note as well, that the Enola Gay had no transistorized equipment.
pyotr filipivich

You all caught the small issue and missed the big one, the short mean
free path of electrons at low altitude prevents them from generating
much of a pulse outside the blast radius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Learn something new every day - thanks.

Compare 20KV/meter to a lightning strike, which power lines, aircraft
instruments and radio towers generally survive. Several years ago it
hit the pole outside my house and fried the phone line protection
circuit, but didn't damage the cheap electronic phone connected to
it.

That's the way it goes. When you have expensive equipment - the
equipment blows to protect the fuse.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Compare 20KV/meter to a lightning strike, which power lines, aircraft
instruments and radio towers generally survive. Several years ago it
hit the pole outside my house and fried the phone line protection
circuit, but didn't damage the cheap electronic phone connected to
it.

I tried to call work one day and didn't get a dial tone. End of mod cord, the wall fried
but teh cheap phone still worked. I spliced it into the

Trimmed to r.c.m because "Google Groups does not currently support
posting to the following usenet groups: "misc.survivalism""

Cool, I wish all network news providers would drop posts to Cliffs loon groups.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Compare 20KV/meter to a lightning strike, which power lines, aircraft
instruments and radio towers generally survive. Several years ago it
hit the pole outside my house and fried the phone line protection
circuit, but didn't damage the cheap electronic phone connected to
it.

I tried to call work one day and didn't get a dial tone. End of mod cord, the wall fried
but teh cheap phone still worked. I spliced it into the

Trimmed to r.c.m because "Google Groups does not currently support
posting to the following usenet groups: "misc.survivalism""

Cool, I wish all network news providers would drop posts to Cliffs loon groups.

Wes

Supernews used to drop messages crossposted to five groups, or more
when posted from Google groups. That got rid of a lot of crap.