Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smart Car

If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18738 wrote:
If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Looks like Jeep wheels.

David Billington wrote:
Ignoramus18738 wrote:
If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 13:42:42 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

Ignoramus18738 wrote:
If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.

the wheel and body look suspiciously like a toyota echo.
Stealth Pilot

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Billington wrote:
Ignoramus18738 wrote:
If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.

It's a Honda. Started life as a 4 door!

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Billington wrote:

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the three
wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them has
worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie motorcycle a
few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a Smart Car emblem on
there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem. Didn't do it, but hey... I
thought it was funny.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the
three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them
has worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie
motorcycle a few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a
Smart Car emblem on there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem.
Didn't do it, but hey... I thought it was funny.

They apparently toss the things in the canals as a drinking game in
Amsterdam.
I thought this was a joke when I first heard it but apparently not.

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a bunch of
them on the road.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the
three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them
has worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie
motorcycle a few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a
Smart Car emblem on there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem.
Didn't do it, but hey... I thought it was funny.

They apparently toss the things in the canals as a drinking game in
Amsterdam.
I thought this was a joke when I first heard it but apparently not.

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a bunch of
them on the road.

They breed, given a favorable climate and enough food. Then they form herds.
Soon, they will begin to mutate. The fear is they will eventually become
immune to antibiotics.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the
three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them
has worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie
motorcycle a few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a
Smart Car emblem on there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem.
Didn't do it, but hey... I thought it was funny.

They apparently toss the things in the canals as a drinking game in
Amsterdam.
I thought this was a joke when I first heard it but apparently not.

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a bunch of
them on the road.

I'll check that with Dutch friends I have in Holland and see if it's
true. I would imagine that with the things that ****ed up blokes do that
in the past they would have been tipping French snails in the canal , ie
Citroen 2CVs, as they must weigh about the same. Thinking now I have
heard of similar with various light cars in the past, and a bit more
thinking and I've been involved in such antics in the past myself.

BTW Smart for2 is 3 wheel nuts studs/wheel, for4 is 4 wheel nuts studs
/wheel, at least here in the UK.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a bunch of
them on the road.

The one I saw had Ontario plates. That neighbor north and south of here.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the three
wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them has
worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

I've passed a few of them here in TX as well. No shock, but pretty clear
if one darted out from a side street in front on my 8500#+ truck it
would get punted like a football and probably end up on someone's roof.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:http://www.Multi-Drill.com
Production Tapping:http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site:http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
VIDEOS:http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Around here (Bergen County, NJ) the Smart Car is carried by the huge
Mercedes dealer. Sort of tells you something about "Smart = Status"
for some folks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
[...]

It is built by Mercedes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 16:44:45 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

David Billington wrote:

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

Hey, my best buddy in high school owned a Hillman Minx. It had 3 lugs
on each wheel and the lefts were left-hand threaded. It didn't do over
about 35mph, but it never lost a wheel. Gawd, what a POS... but it
was made of real steel!
http://www.full-service-aviator.com/Hillman_Minx.jpg

--
Content thyself to be obscurely good. When vice prevails, and
impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:38:16 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus18738
scrawled the following:

If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

It's a car; It's a purse; It's a little wagon; It's a coffin!
Buy your multi-faceted Smart Car NOW!

--
Content thyself to be obscurely good. When vice prevails, and
impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station.
-- Joseph Addison, 'Cato'
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18738 wrote:

If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

Hmm, all I see is a wad of tinfoil....G

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 7, 8:38*am, Ignoramus18738 ignoramus18...@NOSPAM.
18738.invalid wrote:
If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

* *http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Also not a smart car-
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80511886/

click on it and look close, I see VW on the wheel.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

18738.invalid wrote:
If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Also not a smart car-
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80511886/

click on it and look close, I see VW on the wheel.

Dave

That looks like a Toyota logo. Maybe a Rav4? Not a lot of vehicles with
rear mounted spares.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:38:16 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus18738
scrawled the following:

If you look closely, you will see a smart car he

http://imgur.com/gallery/kGUKD

Man, what a way to waste an hour and lose a pint of tears in
laughter...

Some of my faves were the Innocent box, Obama cue cards, wide-angle
lenses, "dead peoples things for sale" sign, Little Ahnold with big
Wilt and Andre, and the Pluto billboard.

--
Content thyself to be obscurely good. When vice prevails, and
impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station.
-- Joseph Addison, 'Cato'

Smart UPS 700 ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 2 June 23rd 08 05:21 PM
APC Smart-UPS does nothing after non-use Brian Electronics Repair 50 May 27th 08 06:21 PM
APC smart ups Russell Electronics Repair 5 June 1st 06 08:11 PM
OT- One Smart Guy ;) JGS Woodworking 20 September 28th 05 07:17 PM
IF YOUR SO SMART TELL ME WHAT THIS IS !!!! [email protected] Electronics Repair 13 December 31st 04 09:40 PM