Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default K&T "H" Vertical mill

Likely someone else snapped it up, but if I somehow got in first I might
be on my way to a deal on a K&T Milwaukee "H" vertical mill - which I
gather is "either a 1H or a 2H, depending on length of table"

50 Taper, lots of collets, delivery included (but then I have to get it
off the trailer, so I may yet be calling the riggers.)

Seemed like a nice enough machine at a "get it out of the way of my new
machine so I don't have to store it" price that I've offered to bite
without actually getting a look at it.

Any common problems? Any advice (other than the riggers, who are nice
guys and don't cost too much in the grand scheme of things) for getting
it off a flatbed trailer (into a shop with a flat concrete floor, and a
10x10 foot roll up door.)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
Likely someone else snapped it up, but if I somehow got in first I might
be on my way to a deal on a K&T Milwaukee "H" vertical mill - which I
gather is "either a 1H or a 2H, depending on length of table"

50 Taper, lots of collets, delivery included (but then I have to get it
off the trailer, so I may yet be calling the riggers.)

Seemed like a nice enough machine at a "get it out of the way of my new
machine so I don't have to store it" price that I've offered to bite
without actually getting a look at it.

Any common problems? Any advice (other than the riggers, who are nice
guys and don't cost too much in the grand scheme of things) for getting
it off a flatbed trailer (into a shop with a flat concrete floor, and a
10x10 foot roll up door.)

I thought they made the H model in #4 and #5 also. If it turns out to be a
#5, I sure hope you have room for it.

Often people don't know that the coolant pump can be engaged or disengaged
inside the door on the right side facing the machine from the front. There
is a collar that is slide down to engage the pump. If I remember correctly
there is a place to oil the pump in there also. They are truly nice machines
and really trouble free if taken care of. I want a 2H horizontal with the
vertical head attachment, but don't have any room for one.

Richard W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ecnerwal wrote:
Likely someone else snapped it up, but if I somehow got in first I might
be on my way to a deal on a K&T Milwaukee "H" vertical mill - which I
gather is "either a 1H or a 2H, depending on length of table"

50 Taper, lots of collets, delivery included (but then I have to get it
off the trailer, so I may yet be calling the riggers.)

Seemed like a nice enough machine at a "get it out of the way of my new
machine so I don't have to store it" price that I've offered to bite
without actually getting a look at it.

Any common problems? Any advice (other than the riggers, who are nice
guys and don't cost too much in the grand scheme of things) for getting
it off a flatbed trailer (into a shop with a flat concrete floor, and a
10x10 foot roll up door.)

Get it delivered on a roll back and it can be slid onto the floor. Put
a couple of anchors into the floor on the far side of your shop to hook
a come-along onto. Pull the machine in with the comealong. Unless your
floor is very rough the machine should slide easily.

JOhn