Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pictures of "Water Slide 2.0" that I made this weekend

"Ignoramus11030" wrote in message
Comments are on the webpage.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Water-Slide-2.0/

It remains to be painted, maybe I can coax my FIL to do it.

that's nice you do stuff for your kids. i think with their dad BUILDING
stuff for them when they were kids they'll build stuff too when they get
older. i think it must've been my grandfather who instilled in me the
concept/desire of/to building stuff (though, i'm still not sure if in the
long run it's cheaper to just buy the stuff, not as much satisfaction
though, and it seems to me there's SO much less hand made or custom built
stuff around, people just live with what they can buy in the store and much
of that is cheap ****, one size fits all, when it breaks throw it away,
never really fit all that well anyhow.)
in the comments you mention the adults are fatter. that made me wonder
how's it going with your weight loss, have you been able to keep the weight
off? i know it's difficult.

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-29, William Wixon wrote:
that's nice you do stuff for your kids. i think with their dad BUILDING
stuff for them when they were kids they'll build stuff too when they get
older. i think it must've been my grandfather who instilled in me the
concept/desire of/to building stuff (though, i'm still not sure if in the
long run it's cheaper to just buy the stuff, not as much satisfaction
though, and it seems to me there's SO much less hand made or custom built
stuff around, people just live with what they can buy in the store and much
of that is cheap ****, one size fits all, when it breaks throw it away,
never really fit all that well anyhow.)

I hope so, but it is not at all a given that they will want to do
their own stuff.

As far as weight loss, things are not that bad, basically I regained
19 lbs, but I am still way below my starting weight.