Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way OT - eBay search crashes Firefox

Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

Bob

OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP2.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

not this morning

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

On 2009-06-14, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus13160 wrote in
:

On 2009-06-14, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

I am not experiencing this. XP Pro SP3, Firefox ver. 3.0.11

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston, Iggy, Doug - thanks for checking. I'm using XP Home SP3,
Firefox 3.0.11. It must be some setting, or combination thereof, or a
Firefox add-on/plugin I'm using. Dang!

I do have a work around: the IE plugin - it allows one to use IE to
display a page, in a Firefox tab. But if I wanted to use IE I wouldn't
be running Firefox.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK with V2.0.0.00 Win ME
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:58:59 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

Bob

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 14, 11:58*am, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? *Do you have a work-around?

Bob

Have you tried "Clear Private Data" under the Tools menu? Maybe you
have a bad cached session from a previous eBay visit.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Winston, Iggy, Doug - thanks for checking. I'm using XP Home SP3,
Firefox 3.0.11. It must be some setting, or combination thereof, or a
Firefox add-on/plugin I'm using. Dang!

I do have a work around: the IE plugin - it allows one to use IE to
display a page, in a Firefox tab. But if I wanted to use IE I wouldn't
be running Firefox.

Bob - you could: Tools Add-ons Extensions and
Tools Add-ons Plugins to selectively disable features for trouble -
shooting purposes.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-14, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Winston, Iggy, Doug - thanks for checking. I'm using XP Home SP3,
Firefox 3.0.11. It must be some setting, or combination thereof, or a
Firefox add-on/plugin I'm using. Dang!

I do have a work around: the IE plugin - it allows one to use IE to
display a page, in a Firefox tab. But if I wanted to use IE I wouldn't
be running Firefox.

Try using adblock, maybe the culprits are the inane third party ads
that ebay is running.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus13160 wrote:
Try using adblock, maybe the culprits are the inane third party ads
that ebay is running.

Thanks, but I am running adblock. Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Denis G. wrote:
Have you tried "Clear Private Data" under the Tools menu? Maybe you
have a bad cached session from a previous eBay visit.

Thanks - I tried that. Didn't fix it. Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:24:57 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP2.

OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP3. (Time to update Win, Winnie.)

--
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?

OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP2.

OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP3. (Time to update Win, Winnie.)

Um. Yes. (Cough) Quite.

--Winnie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
You should never allow a browser to fill in any forms.

I agree in principle, but my name, address, & phone number are not
information that I'm very protective about.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:56:53 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?
OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP2.

OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP3. (Time to update Win, Winnie.)

Um. Yes. (Cough) Quite.

It's free, dontcha know?

--
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?
OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP2.
OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP3. (Time to update Win, Winnie.)

Um. Yes. (Cough) Quite.

It's free, dontcha know?

Yah, I do.

Yesterday afternoon was all about the downloading, upgrading
process. I am now an SP3'er just like a real computer user.

Thanks for the reminder, Larry.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:05:04 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Anybody else experiencing this? Do you have a work-around?
OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP2.
OK with Firefox 3.0.11 XP SP3. (Time to update Win, Winnie.)
Um. Yes. (Cough) Quite.

It's free, dontcha know?

Yah, I do.

Yesterday afternoon was all about the downloading, upgrading
process. I am now an SP3'er just like a real computer user.

Thanks for the reminder, Larry.

Jewelcome. I finally switched on Auto Updates a few years back after
a nasty crash. I continue to do backups more frequently, too. (Who
the hell trusts Bill -that- much?)