Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF delivers again: 28 degree framing nailer

was on sale at a local store for $65 something. A 20% off coupon (they
seem to email these out every week now) lowered it more.

Shot few hundred 3 1/2 nails (they sell 2000 count packs at the store,
another 20% off applied) and so far it's been rock solid, zero issue
performer and a great time saver. Feeding it from HF's own compressor
I've had for a few years.

Now, for $30 bux more you can buy a similar-looking 6-in-1 nailer that
supports larger variety of nails (21,28, 34) - might be a better
nailer for some, if you can get certain type of nails less
expensively. But since I have not tried this particular model (
), can not say much about it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Interesting. I had a 18 gauge stapler, and that one worked very
poorly. I do have a project where a framing nailer woud be handy, so
your info is very timely.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 1, 11:44*am, Ignoramus17163 ignoramus17...@NOSPAM.
17163.invalid wrote:
Interesting. I had a 18 gauge stapler, and that one worked very
poorly. I do have a project where a framing nailer woud be handy, so
your info is very timely.

Don't forget to drop few drops of air tool oil into it every now and
then.
Prolly every day of heavy use .
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rashid111" wrote in message

was on sale at a local store for $65 something. A 20% off coupon (they
seem to email these out every week now) lowered it more.

Shot few hundred 3 1/2 nails (they sell 2000 count packs at the store,
another 20% off applied) and so far it's been rock solid, zero issue
performer and a great time saver. Feeding it from HF's own compressor
I've had for a few years.

Now, for $30 bux more you can buy a similar-looking 6-in-1 nailer that
supports larger variety of nails (21,28, 34) - might be a better
nailer for some, if you can get certain type of nails less
expensively. But since I have not tried this particular model (
), can not say much about it.

I bought a couple HF Framing nailers to do a small project. When the
project got delayed halfway through I set the nailers aside. When I got
back to it both had lost their head gaskets. I get new gaskets, and again
set them aside before finishing the project... when I got back to the
job... again both head gaskets were bad.

I bought a Rigid framing nailer, and have used it off and on for over a year
with no issues. Just plug it in and start shooting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-01, Bob La Londe wrote:
"rashid111" wrote in message

[...]

As I mentioned, I had a similar experience with a HF 18 gauge
stapler.

Bought a Senco 15 gauge stapler (I crate a lot of things and a stapler
is very useful), and this Senco works great, every time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I bought a couple HF Framing nailers to do a small project. *When the
project got delayed halfway through I set the nailers aside. *When I got
back to it both had lost their head gaskets. *I get new gaskets, and again
set them aside before finishing the project... *when I got back to the
job... again both head gaskets were bad.

Are these molded gaskets, or something flat where you could make your
own out of better material?
--Glenn Lyford
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
I bought a couple HF Framing nailers to do a small project. When the
project got delayed halfway through I set the nailers aside. When I got
back to it both had lost their head gaskets. I get new gaskets, and again
set them aside before finishing the project... when I got back to the
job... again both head gaskets were bad.

Are these molded gaskets, or something flat where you could make your
own out of better material?
--Glenn Lyford

Don't know. Saved the fittings and threw the nailers in the dumpster.

Framing Nailer [email protected] Woodworking 5 May 17th 08 10:41 AM
Framing nailer Moo[_2_] Home Repair 9 April 7th 08 02:33 AM
framing a 45 degree pantry wall... suggestions... ? maurice Home Repair 6 December 2nd 06 07:11 PM
HF Framing Nailer Andrew Barss Woodworking 26 June 7th 06 01:42 AM