Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Propane suppliers quietly reduce size of refills

On Sat, 23 May 2009 19:11:16 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

(snip of TooManyTwinkies post/reply)

Anyone who uses Blue Rino or similar..prefilled tank exchanges..is a
moron to begin with.

Agreed. They're certainly not cost-effective.

Find a filling station with the propane bulk tank and simply get the
****ers filled. The new bottles (tri-sided valve top) takes 4.5 gallons
to fill.

Blink blink..its hardly rocket science.

Ayup. I looked at the price of an empty tank and a fill, then at the
Blue Rhino tanks and immediately bought the empty and had it filled.
It cost an extra buck to purge it. No brainer.

Im paying $3.25 gal for propane at my usual spot.

Which is $14.25 for a fill up.

NOT the $25 Blue Rino wants for an exchange.

I haven't refilled since the price went up, so I'll likely pay more
than $8.25 the next time, huh? ;(

--
"The latest documents released this week showed
that priests with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 May 2009 21:14:02 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

Shrug..Ive seen propane everywhere from .99 to $5 per gallon in the
last 4 months. The two places I purchase propane from average about $3
a gallon...but Ive not bothered to check deeper.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Last time I got a fill at United Rentals, they said if you buy the tank from
them, they give you the first fill included. United is nation wide I think.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Last time I got a fill at United Rentals, they said if you buy the tank from
them, they give you the first fill included. *United is nation wide I think.

United used to be! They closed all the Central Oregon sites several
months ago.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I pay $2.69 a gallon. I have 2 tanks and I fill the empty one while using
the full one. That way I always have a spare. I use mine to heat the house
with.

Richard W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

$14.95 last November, $9.99 a week ago, twenty pounds both times.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada