Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A Letter to the President....

"Brian R" wrote in message
On May 19, 3:27 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:10:35 -0700 (PDT), Brian R
wrote:

While the authors of this e-mail are entitled to biased opinions, I
don't find honest apologies to Europeans for the hostile and vastly
unpopular unilateral policies of the Bush administration appeasing.

Fascinating. Looks like that bit was from a Leftard. Was the entire
missive from a Leftard?

Im curious how Bush's dealings with Europe were different than
Clintons...etc etc.

Please advise

Gunner

Hi Gunner,

Maybe you should do a little research of your own. Something tells me
you won't believe anything I say or find to show to you. I did find
this and thought it was interesting. Maybe you or others will find it
interesting. I Googled Clinton's popularity in Europe. This was one
of the first articles that that I found. I feel is relatively
balanced from the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101825_pf.html.

A quote:

"In the United States, the debate over Bush's approach to the world
and Clinton's -- between force and persuasion -- remains unsettled.
But it seems apparent which approach is more winning abroad. While
Bush has generated deep suspicion, especially in Western Europe,
Clinton is highly popular, European commentators said."

Most of the articles I see don't mind saying the Europeans like
Clinton's style over Bush's. And with 200K attempting to see Obama in
Germany recently, apparently they like his too.

Then I Googled G.W. Bush's popularity in Europe.

A quote:

"Bush Even Less Popular in Europe:"
http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?PageID=825

"While the past year has been a difficult one for President Bush
domestically, his troubles are also reflected in international public
opinion. Confidence in Bush to do the right thing in world affairs has
dropped in seven of the 11 countries where trend data from 2005 is
available. Opinion of Bush has continued to decline in European
countries, while Muslims publics remain strongly opposed to the
American president. At 3%, Turkey now registers the lowest level of
confidence in President Bush. The country with the largest drop in
confidence for Bush over the last year, however, is the U.S.; 62% had
a lot or some confidence in Bush last year, compared to 50% this year.

Bush receives relatively low marks compared to the other European
leaders tested on the survey - Great Britain's Tony Blair, France's
Jacque Chirac, Germany's Angela Merkel, and Russia's Vladimir Putin -
although there are some exceptions. For example, Bush is the highest
rated leader in India and Nigeria. In the latter, Bush's popularity is
overwhelmingly driven by the country's Christian population (82% a lot
or some confidence among Christians, 19% among Muslims)."

Peace to you Gunner
Brian :-)

I've seen some of the polls and I must admit to unconsciouly connecting some
value to them. I'm not sure just how those polls should be interpreted.
One of the best helicopter instructors I ran into probably wouldn't score to
high in popularity, but dang he was good and didn't charge an arm and a leg.
Others that would win popularity contests would enable your death. While I
think it tells us something, I don't think that popularity is the best
measure of the value of a leader.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4091 (20090520) __________

http://www.eset.com