Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Cats update

Late one evening as I was doing the walk-through and noticed the cats
crouched on the back of one of the forklifts intently watching a small crack
at the bottom of an overhead door about 4 feet away. As I watched, one of
them pounced on a mouse that was entering through the crack. Upon a closer
look I noticed a sprinkling of dry cat food by the crack. No WAY! Were the
cats baiting the rodents? The next day I find out that one of the
production guys had noticed the same cat-act by the door and ramped up the
fun with the bait.

Now that the girls are getting older, it seems they sleep all day (when
they're not eating) and entertain themselves all night. I'm actually
surprised that there still are some mice within a thousand yards of the
building. We do have a flock of pigeons and they are WAY to smart for the
cats. I think the cats have given up even trying.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote:

Late one evening as I was doing the walk-through and noticed the cats
crouched on the back of one of the forklifts intently watching a small crack
at the bottom of an overhead door about 4 feet away. As I watched, one of
them pounced on a mouse that was entering through the crack. Upon a closer
look I noticed a sprinkling of dry cat food by the crack. No WAY! Were the
cats baiting the rodents? The next day I find out that one of the
production guys had noticed the same cat-act by the door and ramped up the
fun with the bait.

Damn, you have Machiavellian cats. Most cats have a bit of Niccolò but yours must be in
the direct line of heredity leading to the ones he held on his lap and petted.

Now that the girls are getting older, it seems they sleep all day (when
they're not eating) and entertain themselves all night. I'm actually
surprised that there still are some mice within a thousand yards of the
building. We do have a flock of pigeons and they are WAY to smart for the
cats. I think the cats have given up even trying.

I've had a number of cats, some mine, some shared in marriage over the years. Most of
them just sat there looking at birds though the window, quivering and salivating. Frisky,
a cat from the late 60's early 70's could get a bird though. Mom didn't like it much
waking up with a dead bird in bed with her though.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sometimes the penchant for bringing the kills home can be sickening. We have a well fed, ex-feral,
outside cat. It is our hope he will have less of an impact on bird life if we feed him on a regular
basis. Not necessarily true. Not long ago, when I opened the front door to put his food out there
were three neatly killed baby mocking birds.

Bob Swinney
"Wes" wrote in message
"Buerste" wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Sometimes the penchant for bringing the kills home can be sickening. We
have a well fed, ex-feral,
outside cat. It is our hope he will have less of an impact on bird life
if we feed him on a regular
basis. Not necessarily true. Not long ago, when I opened the front door
to put his food out there
were three neatly killed baby mocking birds.

I use the beer can roller over a five gallon bucket of water to keep my shop
free of rodents. I have a resident cat, but she just brings diseased
rodents into the house. I know she doesn't catch them, because I know for a
fact she cannot move that fast. The traps work great, and I also have a 55
gallon one for rock squirrels, a nuisance around hereabouts.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Bwahaha aren't cats great? Our Chairman Meow has brought in 4
gophers in 3 days! We use small bath carpets near the water bowls; he likes
to do his munching there; must easier to toss a small carpet in the washing
machine.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Imagine what I could do if
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : I knew what I was doing...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David Lesher" wrote in message
"Buerste" writes:

Now that the girls are getting older, it seems they sleep all day (when
they're not eating) and entertain themselves all night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

Hilariously excellent!!!
8,000,000 views, 9,000 comments! wow....

--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??

--
A host is a host from coast to