Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forged Craigslist scam checks

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:26:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 18, 6:58*am, Ignoramus14774

I have no doubt that it is forged, however, what I really am curious
about is whether maybe I should talk to some authorities, like police
for example. Have those crooks perfected a police-proof method of
receiving stolen money? Or you think no one will care?

I would start with a local branch of Well Fargo. If they are not
interested, I would use the internet to find the police in Brooklyn
where the funds were to be sent, and notify them. I would think they
would be interested in anyone in their jurisdiction.

That does seem like a reasonable supposition, but fuggedaboudit. Avoid
any and all interaction with cops in Brooklyn.

My law-abiding and attractive daughter lives in Brooklyn, I've seen
some of their behavior first-hand. The copshop is a clot of alpha
male assholes and worse. Protect and serve me arse.

YMMV