Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Try it, it works

I have noticed some newcomers who only participate in the political threads,
and not in the actual work threads. I just look to see if the repeated and
repeated and repeated posters post anything relevant about metalworking, and
if they don't, it's block sender time. Just smashed four of them, and
reduced my posts by half.

Try it, it works.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
I have noticed some newcomers who only participate in the political threads,
and not in the actual work threads. I just look to see if the repeated and
repeated and repeated posters post anything relevant about metalworking, and
if they don't, it's block sender time. Just smashed four of them, and
reduced my posts by half.

Try it, it works.

Steve

RaMen, brother.

--Winston

--

Don't *faff*, dear.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Good point. There is a guy on this newsgroup who does "monthly
statistics". Why not do monthly statistics on the percentage of ON
Topic posts?

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------

SteveB wrote:
I have noticed some newcomers who only participate in the political threads,
and not in the actual work threads. I just look to see if the repeated and
repeated and repeated posters post anything relevant about metalworking, and
if they don't, it's block sender time. Just smashed four of them, and
reduced my posts by half.

Try it, it works.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I killfile google groups, crossposts to misc.survivalism, and one
prolific political poster who who has Too Much Time. That seems to
take care of the political stuff that I do not care about. The rest,
like economics opinions of some pertinent people, interests me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus23425" wrote in message
I killfile google groups, crossposts to misc.survivalism, and one
prolific political poster who who has Too Much Time. That seems to
take care of the political stuff that I do not care about. The rest,
like economics opinions of some pertinent people, interests me.

I must confess to also participating occasionally on economic and political
topics. But some of these people obviously don't have a life, and talk
nothing metal. That is why I look to see if the person who is making a lot
of posts has any other things to say, like metal, and if they don't, they're
not here for metal.

I guess with all the unemployment and layoffs, we're in for an influx of
idle people. Oh well, they will just last until their power or ISP is cut
off.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I must confess to also participating occasionally on economic and
political topics.

Same here, but it's normal conversation. E.G, snivelling about politicians
decreeing what chemicals can be used in shops, with no thought that useless
chemicals encourage people to use worse alternatives. Last month I had to
wash out 80 year old old transmission parts with gasoline, as "safety
solvent" wont touch congealed steam oil.

What gets me are the ones who go into the same tired rant, and figure that
they are "educating" those of us who are too stupid to think, and that if
they repeat it enough, we will agree with them. In their minds, they are
doing us a favor, and believe that we will thank them later. Not likely. No
point in arguing with fanatics.

--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

I have noticed some newcomers who only participate in the political
threads,

Newcomers?
I re-subscribed a few days ago to see wether things got better. They didn't.
The same bla-team like 1/2 year ago.

Just a waste of time here.
The biggest Iggiot ... er ... idiot even complaining about OT here and at
the same time contributing to OT. But he even doesn't know which way round
to hold a hammer. :-))

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"spaco" wrote in message
.. .
Good point. There is a guy on this newsgroup who does "monthly
statistics". Why not do monthly statistics on the percentage of ON
Topic posts?

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. Here's another idea. How about finding the
statistics on the guys who complain about people who post off topic stuff
and then go ahead and post in the off topic threads themselves, or even
start off topic threads like this knucklehead did. I think it would be
interesting to see how many hypocrites we have here who contribute to
political threads and them complain about them.

Hawke