Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Paint over powder coat

I had some aluminum parts powder coated and frankly, I've never been a
big fan of the process.
Too glossy, shows fingerprints easy and to me, it looks like a bad
paint job would -- because you can see
the "globs" when the light hits it just right.

You know, like paint that was put on too thick.

Anyway, I was wondering if a light sanding might make a good surface
for some paint.

Either a Polane 2 part or I have a SW all surface oil based enamel
that I love (which I'll try anyway).

The all surface enamel may work because I know powder coat is
basically a plastic surface and may need something "gentler" than a 2
part professional finish.

Any thoughts?