Old March 11th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tea Party - April 1, 2009 - was What One trillion dollars looks like

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Take out the Pork.

Oh, THAT's good. There's 1% of the expenditures. What about the other 99%?

How do you define pork?

What are the things you think the feds should be responsible for?

I think it is way more than that but now we call pork 'entitlements'. That is fully
cooked pork if you don't get my drift.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Old March 12th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Take out the Pork.

Oh, THAT's good. There's 1% of the expenditures. What about the other 99%?

How do you define pork?

Local expenditures that have no relation to national policies, and that come
at the expense of everyone else.

What are the things you think the feds should be responsible for?

I'd have to charge money for that book. g

I think it is way more than that but now we call pork 'entitlements'.
That is fully
cooked pork if you don't get my drift.

I never heard anyone call entitlements "pork." Veterans' benefits are
entitlements. Social security is an entitlement.

Is every expenditure "pork," then? How about adding to police forces in
high-crime areas? Is that "pork" for those areas? What do YOU think is pork?

--
Ed Huntress

Old March 12th 09, 10:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Is every expenditure "pork," then? How about adding to police forces in
high-crime areas? Is that "pork" for those areas? What do YOU think is pork?

That sounds like a local expendature that comes at the expense of everyone else.

Besides, that is the state's problem.

Wes