Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best Impact

I have used a lot of 1/2 inch impacts over the years, but never gone out and
bought one. I'm now in the market for a new 1/2 inch one. My Remington
finally got to the point that you have to oil it after every lug nut to keep
it developing enough force to take one off, and my no-name died the same
death a month or so ago. The Remington was given to me by a friend about 14
or 15 years ago used, and its done a lot of work so I may have it rebuilt.
The generic, was given to me by somebody else, and it looks a lot lihe
Harbor Freight ones, but it has some other name on it.

My dad has always had Chicago Pneumatics, and a couple shops I've been
around have the Ingersol Rand impacts also. I do not think my dad has had
to replace any of his CPs and I am leaning towards one as a replacement for
my dead ones, but I was wondering if anybody here has beat on both brands
and found one to be better than the other?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 3:29 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
[...]

Bob

I had a cheap one for years, it struggled with lug nuts. About 7
years ago I bought an Ingersol Rand IR2132A. Composite body, light
and powerful. I am very happy with this tool. $140 if I remember
correctly. It had the highest torque rating I could find. There are
are higher torque rated units available today. I have never used a CP

CarlBoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
[...]

Orchard Supply and Hardware just had their "How to" fair and they had coupon
for an airtool set for $50. Normally $100. OSH local may have an extra
coupon. Had a 3/8 rachet, Impact gun, 25' hose and something else.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Why don't you check to see if you can get a kit to rebuild the Remington?
You probably just have some worn seals, replace those and you are good as
new.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My dad has always had Chicago Pneumatics, and a couple shops I've been
around have the Ingersol Rand impacts also. �I do not think my dad has had
to replace any of his CPs and I am leaning towards one as a replacement for
my dead ones, but I was wondering if anybody here has beat on both brands
and found one to be better than the other?

Bob

Visit some tire shops that move a lot of tires. See what brand they
use. Maybe ask the shop manager what he likes.

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
Why don't you check to see if you can get a kit to rebuild the Remington?
You probably just have some worn seals, replace those and you are good as
new.

Yeah, I have considered that, maybe as a backup.

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
[...]

How do I use an impact wrench mm Home Repair 3 September 22nd 06 04:35 PM
How do I use an impact wrench mm Home Repair 0 September 21st 06 09:33 PM
impact wrench, to buy or not to buy Doctor Drivel UK diy 0 February 17th 06 12:06 PM
3/4 IR impact wrench B.B. Metalworking 8 September 14th 05 06:53 AM
Air Impact Wrench amx Home Repair 4 August 10th 05 08:52 PM