Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Bush Economy, 20FEB09

"RB" wrote in message
Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
Worldwide markets continued to crash:

Dow 7,365.67 -100.28 -1.34%
Nasdaq 1,441.23 -1.59 -0.11%
S&P 500 770.05 -8.89 -1.14%
Hang Seng 12,699.17 -324.19 -2.49%
Nikkei 225 7,416.38 -141.27 -1.87%
Straits Times 1,594.94 -34.41 -2.11%
FTSE 3,889.06 -129.31 -3.22%
DAX 4,014.66 -200.55 -4.76%
CAC 40 2,750.55 -122.05 -4.25%

The unemployment numbers rose to over 600,000 this week, gold topped
$1,000/oz, more banks failed, more multi-billion dollar Ponzi schemes
were uncovered, and the spectre of Poland, Ukraine, and Czech nations
going into bankruptcy.

When are you dumbasses going to realize that Bush is gone, and the markets
are reacting appropriately to the BS our current president is dealing.

Well, let's see....how long were you guys calling the recession that started
about the time of Bush's inauguration "Clinton's recession"? Was it for a
year afterward, or two?

The markets reflect confidence - or lack thereof - in the future based on
what's going on NOW, not last year.
When that $800B porkfest got crammed through in record time, most
sensible people realized the folly of making that $3500 annual IRA
contribution, and bought AR15s instead.

And all of us normal people appreciate it. Paranoid freaks can provide a
healthy boost to spending.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 20, 4:22*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"RB" wrote in message

Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
[...]

Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Considering that Clinton was in for eight years and Bush for eight
years, I consider we have a good sixteen years where the finger can be
pointed at Bush.

Unfortunately it will take generations of Americans to pay for Bush's
trillion dollar blunders.

Our children will hate us for not preventing it.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Well, let's see....how long were you guys calling the recession that started
about the time of Bush's inauguration "Clinton's recession"? Was it for a
year afterward, or two?

At least a year. 9/11 made it impossible to chart Clintons recession any further.

Wes