Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How the World Almost Came to an End on September 18, 2008

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus19119 wrote:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

Sorry about that.

electronic warfare?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-17, cavelamb wrote:
Ignoramus19119 wrote:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

Sorry about that.

electronic warfare?

Looks like we both posted the same thing?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-17, cavelamb wrote:
Ignoramus19119 wrote:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

Sorry about that.

electronic warfare?

Looks like we both posted the same thing?

But did either of you post this?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1202...unds-the-facts

"...there never was a $500 billion outflow from any asset class in the space
of a couple of hours or even weeks, and the Fed never shut down or froze any
money-market accounts.
"This is not the first time that Kanjorski has made these allegations..."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:00:56 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Ignoramus19119 wrote:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

Sorry about that.

electronic warfare?

===========
If it was pulled out by its rightful owners that ain't
electronic/economic warfare, just an electronic run on the bank,
and common sense called getting out while the getting is good.
Didn't one of the funds "break the buck" about this time?

Any way to track where the boodle went?

That is one hell of a pile of spondulicks, where did it wind up?
And what can anyone do when the next run is on Treasuries?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

F. George McDuffee wrote:

If it was pulled out by its rightful owners that ain't
electronic/economic warfare, just an electronic run on the bank,
and common sense called getting out while the getting is good.
Didn't one of the funds "break the buck" about this time?

Any way to track where the boodle went?

That is what I'd like to know, if this was a very unusual event and not bs then learning
who was behind this might be in our nations interest.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-17, cavelamb wrote:
Ignoramus19119 wrote:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

Sorry about that.

electronic warfare?

Looks like we both posted the same thing?

But did either of you post this?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1202...unds-the-facts

"...there never was a $500 billion outflow from any asset class in the space
of a couple of hours or even weeks, and the Fed never shut down or froze any
money-market accounts.
"This is not the first time that Kanjorski has made these allegations..."

--
Ed Huntress

I dunno... I kinda liked the first version better.. more theatrics, you know?
This society long ago gave up on actually wanting to be told the TRUTH. We want
entertainment. And anyway.. one old Congressman coming on TV lying to us to
instill fear is hardly new, is it? Thanks for the clarification though Ed - keep
up the good work!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-17, cavelamb wrote:
Ignoramus19119 wrote:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1196...cle_sb_popular

Interesting video with Rep. Kanjorski describing events of September
18 and the reasons for Fed panic.

Sorry about that.

electronic warfare?

Looks like we both posted the same thing?

But did either of you post this?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1202...unds-the-facts

"...there never was a $500 billion outflow from any asset class in the space
of a couple of hours or even weeks, and the Fed never shut down or froze any
money-market accounts.
"This is not the first time that Kanjorski has made these allegations..."

--
Ed Huntress

also...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/wa...cong.html?_r=1

Congressional Leaders Stunned by Warnings

Article Tools Sponsored By
By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
Published: September 19, 2008

WASHINGTON — It was a room full of people who rarely hold their tongues. But as
the Fed chairman, Ben S. Bernanke, laid out the potentially devastating
ramifications of the financial crisis before congressional leaders on Thursday
night, there was a stunned silence at first.

Mr. Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. had made an urgent and
unusual evening visit to Capitol Hill, and they were gathered around a
conference table in the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

“When you listened to him describe it you gulped," said Senator Charles E.
Schumer, Democrat of New York.

As Senator Christopher J. Dodd, Democrat of Connecticut and chairman of the
Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, put it Friday morning on the ABC
program “Good Morning America,” the congressional leaders were told “that we’re
literally maybe days away from a complete meltdown of our financial system, with
all the implications here at home and globally.”

Mr. Schumer added, “History was sort of hanging over it, like this was a moment.”

When Mr. Schumer described the meeting as “somber,” Mr. Dodd cut in. “Somber
doesn’t begin to justify the words,” he said. “We have never heard language like
this.”

“What you heard last evening,” he added, “is one of those rare moments,
certainly rare in my experience here, is Democrats and Republicans deciding we
need to work together quickly.”

(more)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

F. George McDuffee wrote:
===========
If it was pulled out by its rightful owners that ain't
electronic/economic warfare, just an electronic run on the bank,
and common sense called getting out while the getting is good.
Didn't one of the funds "break the buck" about this time?

Any way to track where the boodle went?

That is one hell of a pile of spondulicks, where did it wind up?
And what can anyone do when the next run is on Treasuries?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

We are just trying to figure out where the bogus $45 charges (twice so far) on
my girl friend's checking account came from.

They are identified as coming from Verizon, but Verizon denies any such charges.

There is also a bogus $3.50 from a third party billing company (billmatrix).

Now if people can't figure out the small stuff, the big stuff is beyond question...

paraphrased from...

If a man can't be bothered with small things, he can't be trusted with large things.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
On 2009-02-17, cavelamb wrote:
Ignoramus19119 wrote:
[...]

snip

Yeah, I remember that, and wondered at the time if we would ever hear what
it was. If you read the Salmon piece through, I think you see what it was.

It wasn't the disastrous meltdown described in the first article, but it was
enough to be a jolt, nonetheless.

--
Ed Huntress