Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Feb 9, 12:01 am, Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:14:29 -0800, Dan wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:18:16 -0800, "Richard W."
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 06:25:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 7, 8:34 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
If you had any doubts how big a disaster Bush has left this
Country
to fix take a look at this.

Also note the following...

"In 2008, 25 banks were seized by officials, up from only 3 in
2007."

Now consider that we have lost NINE in the first six weeks of
2009.

Now stop and consider how the Republicans are dragging their feet
whining about the stimilus plan.

What is at stake is your job, your house and your 401K.

A suggestion...when you see a Republican, give them a slap along
side of their head and remind them that they are destroying this
Country playing their games.

TMT
The Republicans are not playing games, but some of the Democrats
are
playing games. Much of what is in the stimulus plan will not
stimulate the economy. It is spending money that our grandchildren
will have to pay for things that will have no benefit by the time
our grandchildren are paying for them. Many studies show that
Keynes idea of stimulating the economy by government spending does
not work. Most economists are no longer Keynesian believers.

I would feel much better if there was less emphasis on passing a
bill quickly, and more emphasis on passing a bill that is
effective.
A stimulus bill that has bipartison support and has been debated at
length is much more likely to be effective. TARP was passed
quickly, but seems to have had little effect.

What is needed is for all of those in Congress to work at passing
bills that are in the countries best interest, instead of passing
bills that are in the best interest of political parties or in the
best interests of congressmen.

I am concerned that we will get a " stimulus " bill that will not
work, will cause inflation, and prolong the recession.

Dan

FDR passed such bills..and prolonged the Great Depression at least 7
years. Some economists claim up to 11 yrs.

Yet Democrats hold him as a god.

They are irrational beasts at best, stupid buffoons at worst.

Gunner

I read this to. Also I read that the problem is that the first bail
out took all the available money for loans. That's why nothing has
happened there is no money left to borrow for new cars or homes. The
government took it all. So how can borrowing more money help things?
Since that's what got us into the problem.

I can't find the article on News max that said the first person to
try
to stops the coming bank problems was Bill Clinton, but he couldn't
get his bill passed. The article also said that Bush 2 tried 18 times
to fix the problem since 2001, but the dems blocked him every time.
Can you point me to the article?

Richard W.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...s=org.mozilla%

3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=4R1&q=dems+block+fannie+mae+refor m&btnG=Search

Take your pick....84,000 hits

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him,
nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Sorry, that is an article on Fannie Mae, not the financial crisis, not
to mention the Democrats had no power to "block" anything...

Dan

Gunner didn't mention that he thought the economy was just peachy in
November. He saw no signs of financial distress anywhere.

--
Regards, Curly

Gunner and McCain suffer from the same infliction...stupidity.

TMT

No they don't, you do.

OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around? Libby Loo Metalworking 0 February 10th 09 05:15 AM
OT - Bank Failures - Is yours still around? steamer Metalworking 0 February 8th 09 05:02 AM
PIR unit failures Robin UK diy 11 December 29th 07 09:11 PM
Bridge Failures ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 34 September 28th 07 05:48 PM
Most Common LCD Monitor Failures. Dave D Electronics Repair 0 May 8th 06 12:06 AM