Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AutoSketch is Dying, Need new CAD Tool

Doug White wrote:

I'm open to suggestions. It's a real shame that AutoDesk decided to stop
development on AutoSketch. I've been using it for almost 20 years,
starting with Drafix for DOS. AutoDesk apparently decided to use the
Microsoft model of buying up better competitors & then shutting them
down.

Thanks!

Doug White

Design CAD - 30 years and still going strong!

Version 19 is up and running.
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/O...FQxinAodFmJw1g

the Forum...
http://forum.designcadcommunity.com/index.php
even one of my own...
http://forum.designcadcommunity.com/...sg9366#msg9366

Tips tricks and other magic
http://www.designcadunleashed.com/

With ContourCAM for CNC
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=379

2D version $49.95

3D Max (version 18) $80

Tutorial disk $49
http://www.cadandgraphics.com/depr.h...FQWbnAodNwtx1w

)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

Design CAD - 30 years and still going strong!

Version 19 is up and running.
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/O...FQxinAodFmJw1g

Is this a personal endorsement?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

Design CAD - 30 years and still going strong!

Version 19 is up and running.
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/O...FQxinAodFmJw1g

Is this a personal endorsement?

Wes

I haven't got it yet.
I'm not on the beta team.

But I plan to shortly...

Good enough?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

I haven't got it yet.
I'm not on the beta team.

But I plan to shortly...

I should have said, are you using it. It was late.

Good enough?

Thanks for the answer.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 8, 11:04*pm, Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:
I haven't got it yet.
I'm not on the beta team.

But I plan to shortly...

I should have said, are you using it. *It was late.

Good enough?

Thanks for the answer.

Wes

I have been using KeyCreator which used to be called CadKey. Is is
solid modeling package that support 2D but once I made the swich to
solid modeling I'm never going back. Translation support is great.

Little pricy at about $2k

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

Design CAD - 30 years and still going strong!

Version 19 is up and running.
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/O...FQxinAodFmJw1g

Is this a personal endorsement?

Wes

I haven't got it yet.
I'm not on the beta team.

But I plan to shortly...

Good enough?

I tried to download the trial version using valid info using both IE and SeaMonkey from
http://activate.imsisoft.com/freeen.aspx?Product=D3M19

And it kept sending me back to the entry page as if I missed an entry.

Anyone able to download it?

Wes