Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner's Status

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

All you really need is a television--get a different Doctor doesn't matter
what he thinks so long as he'll prescribe whatever drug you ask him for.

Since I used to write the marketing copy for several drugs (mostly to
doctors, though, only a few times to consumers), I wouldn't trust a word I
heard about pharmaceuticals on TV.

I don't think that is limited to only drugs.

Marketer = professional liar = Political candidate.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

All you really need is a television--get a different Doctor doesn't
matter
what he thinks so long as he'll prescribe whatever drug you ask him for.

Since I used to write the marketing copy for several drugs (mostly to
doctors, though, only a few times to consumers), I wouldn't trust a word I
heard about pharmaceuticals on TV.

I don't think that is limited to only drugs.

Marketer = professional liar = Political candidate.

Copywriters don't lie, especially about drugs. They just use the movies you
play in your head to make you think of something other than what they're
actually telling you. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Copywriters don't lie, especially about drugs. They just use the movies you
play in your head to make you think of something other than what they're
actually telling you. d8-)

So that is why you are so impressed with Obama. d8-) back
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Copywriters don't lie, especially about drugs. They just use the movies
you
play in your head to make you think of something other than what they're
actually telling you. d8-)

So that is why you are so impressed with Obama. d8-) back

You wear a baseball cap and glasses too, eh? Tigers? Mine are Yankees, and
Kane County Cougars.

Oh, yeah. Obama has a good feel for mass communication, no doubt about it.
He's a natural. Now we'll see what he's able to do with it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

So that is why you are so impressed with Obama. d8-) back

You wear a baseball cap and glasses too, eh? Tigers? Mine are Yankees, and
Kane County Cougars.

Well, I haven't wore a baseball and cap in years. I like a Tilley myself.
http://www.tilley.com/

I need to send mine in to see if their guarantee is real or not.

Oh, yeah. Obama has a good feel for mass communication, no doubt about it.
He's a natural. Now we'll see what he's able to do with it.

We are in the rubber meets the road part of the Presidency. While D's are not my
preference, I'll hold off and wait before judgment, he sure is having problems with
filling posts. Maybe that is a good thing if his people are doing a good job of vetting
candidates. Jon Stewart skewered Daschel last night btw. That 86 political add with the
old car was priceless.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
news
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

So that is why you are so impressed with Obama. d8-) back

You wear a baseball cap and glasses too, eh? Tigers? Mine are Yankees, and
Kane County Cougars.

Well, I haven't wore a baseball and cap in years. I like a Tilley myself.
http://www.tilley.com/

I need to send mine in to see if their guarantee is real or not.

Nice hat!

Oh, yeah. Obama has a good feel for mass communication, no doubt about it.
He's a natural. Now we'll see what he's able to do with it.

We are in the rubber meets the road part of the Presidency. While D's are
not my
preference, I'll hold off and wait before judgment, he sure is having
problems with
filling posts. Maybe that is a good thing if his people are doing a good
job of vetting
candidates. Jon Stewart skewered Daschel last night btw. That 86
political add with the
old car was priceless.

Wes

This is the strangest set of circumstances we've faced with a new presidency
in many decades. I wouldn't predict the outcome, but I'm thankful that he
doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who makes a bad decision and then
stubbornly sticks to it, all the while denying that he made a mistake.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

We are in the rubber meets the road part of the Presidency. While D's are
not my
preference, I'll hold off and wait before judgment, he sure is having
problems with
filling posts. Maybe that is a good thing if his people are doing a good
job of vetting
candidates. Jon Stewart skewered Daschel last night btw. That 86
political add with the
old car was priceless.

Wes

This is the strangest set of circumstances we've faced with a new presidency
in many decades. I wouldn't predict the outcome, but I'm thankful that he
doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who makes a bad decision and then
stubbornly sticks to it, all the while denying that he made a mistake.

Well, I grant you that one but I have a feeling he wishes he had a Congress that has the
same philosophy.

Wes

Gunner's Status RB[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 2nd 09 09:09 PM
Gunner's Status Brian Lawson Metalworking 4 January 31st 09 05:05 AM
Gunner's Status Pete C. Metalworking 0 January 31st 09 04:21 AM
Gunner's Status Shabtai Evan[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 31st 09 12:53 AM
Gunner's Status Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 30th 09 11:50 PM