Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some metal content (bronze)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/...shoe_sculpture

"BAGHDAD - The director of an Iraqi orphanage says a sculpture honoring
an Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at former President George W.
Bush has been removed.

Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue had to be removed
from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be
used for something with a political bias.

She says the sofa-sized statue of a shoe was taken down on Saturday
after being unveiled on Thursday.

Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi threw his shoes during a Dec. 14
news conference in Baghdad. Throwing shoes at someone is a sign of
extreme contempt in Arab culture."

I wonder how the statue would bring on ebay?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ff" wrote: (clip) Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue
had to be removed
from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be
used for something with a political bias. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Removed, but I hope not destroyed. I think it belongs in the Smithsonian.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"ff" wrote: (clip) Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue
had to be removed
from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be
used for something with a political bias. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Removed, but I hope not destroyed. I think it belongs in the Smithsonian.

Nope: Either the DNC Headquarters or the CNN Newsroom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ff wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/...shoe_sculpture

"BAGHDAD - The director of an Iraqi orphanage says a sculpture honoring
an Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at former President George W.
Bush has been removed.

Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue had to be removed
from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be
used for something with a political bias.

She says the sofa-sized statue of a shoe was taken down on Saturday
after being unveiled on Thursday.

Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi threw his shoes during a Dec. 14
news conference in Baghdad. Throwing shoes at someone is a sign of
extreme contempt in Arab culture."

Wow. The Iraqis are way ahead of the U.S. on political objectivity.
Good for them!