Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motor and pump unit

I was given a lovely little Motor and Pump unit the other day.
Spec for motor is
Black and Decker Electric Co
Motor - Aircraft - DC
AN-M-10 1/75Hp
Type Series. Duty Con
RPM 12,000 Amps 1
Manufactured for the Weldon Tool Co

The Pump is "Weldon Tool Co"
Fluid Metering 2gph
2 spring loaded fixed vanes lobe type rotor
2 outlet ports plus 1 marked "IN"

ALL fixing screws were wire locked.
After a bit of TLC the motor now runs taking about .5A at 24v (without
pump)

Pump not tested yet.

Any ideas as to its actual original use?
Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

Or does it just increase my junk pile?
Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

I use a pump about that size on my vertical bandsaw to spray coolant
on the blade. Mine is a peristolic sp? with adjustable speed. You
could adjust speed with voltage. Increases blade life without the
total mess of flood.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:28:42 -0500, Karl Townsend

Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

I use a pump about that size on my vertical bandsaw to spray coolant
on the blade. Mine is a peristolic sp? with adjustable speed. You
could adjust speed with voltage. Increases blade life without the
total mess of flood.

Karl

Peristaltic I think. Like bowels. Masterflex is a popular make for
labs. The tubes eventually fail and are replaceable. Silicone is
good. I don't like them for very precise flows, but they're good for
sticky stuff and things that will coagulate, like latex.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:50:53 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:28:42 -0500, Karl Townsend

Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

I use a pump about that size on my vertical bandsaw to spray coolant
on the blade. Mine is a peristolic sp? with adjustable speed. You
could adjust speed with voltage. Increases blade life without the
total mess of flood.

Karl

Peristaltic I think. Like bowels. Masterflex is a popular make for
labs. The tubes eventually fail and are replaceable. Silicone is
good. I don't like them for very precise flows, but they're good for
sticky stuff and things that will coagulate, like latex.

Pete Keillor

A "free" source for a small peristaltic pump is a modern scrapped
printer. They are often used to pump away waste ink after head
cleaning!
I pulled one from a Canon i965 recently complete with a stepper motor
to drive it!

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:28:42 -0500, Karl Townsend

Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

I use a pump about that size on my vertical bandsaw to spray coolant
on the blade. Mine is a peristolic sp? with adjustable speed. You
could adjust speed with voltage. Increases blade life without the
total mess of flood.

Karl

A good option Karl however I do not have a bandsaw G and it is a bit
too low a flow for my cold saw.

Richard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard Edwards wrote:
I was given a lovely little Motor and Pump unit the other day.
Spec for motor is
Black and Decker Electric Co
Motor - Aircraft - DC
AN-M-10 1/75Hp
Type Series. Duty Con
RPM 12,000 Amps 1
Manufactured for the Weldon Tool Co

The Pump is "Weldon Tool Co"
Fluid Metering 2gph
2 spring loaded fixed vanes lobe type rotor
2 outlet ports plus 1 marked "IN"

ALL fixing screws were wire locked.
After a bit of TLC the motor now runs taking about .5A at 24v (without
pump)

Pump not tested yet.

Any ideas as to its actual original use?
Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

Circulator pump for an aircraft. Hmm, I can think of a couple things,
most obvious is de-icing fluid pump. I suppose it could also be for
circulating cooling water to a radar or something, but I'd expect more
volume for that.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Richard Edwards wrote:

I was given a lovely little Motor and Pump unit the other day.
Spec for motor is
Black and Decker Electric Co
Motor - Aircraft - DC
AN-M-10 1/75Hp
Type Series. Duty Con
RPM 12,000 Amps 1
Manufactured for the Weldon Tool Co

The Pump is "Weldon Tool Co"
Fluid Metering 2gph
2 spring loaded fixed vanes lobe type rotor
2 outlet ports plus 1 marked "IN"

ALL fixing screws were wire locked.
After a bit of TLC the motor now runs taking about .5A at 24v (without
pump)

Pump not tested yet.

Any ideas as to its actual original use?
Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete
package for?

Or does it just increase my junk pile?
Richard

If there any part or assembly numbers, run them through Google...

Erik