Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need a hand

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
Would someone with a minute to spare please try this URL and tell me if
they can see the article?

http://www.economist.com/displayStor...most_commented

I need to pass it on, and it appears you can get into it without a
subscription to The Economist, but I have one and can't really tell if it
recognizes me after I log out, or not.

On the way Ed.
See if it's what you thought it was.
I don't have my subscription on this box so there isn't a cookie.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Ed,

I was able to go to that webpage and "read" the article about former
President Bush, by just double-clicking the link you gave, if that's
what you meant. I don't know what the Economist is, and I don't have
a subscription for sure, and I didn't have to "log-on" or anything.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:56:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
. ..

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
Would someone with a minute to spare please try this URL and tell me if
they can see the article?

http://www.economist.com/displayStor...most_commented

I need to pass it on, and it appears you can get into it without a
subscription to The Economist, but I have one and can't really tell if it
recognizes me after I log out, or not.

On the way Ed.
See if it's what you thought it was.
I don't have my subscription on this box so there isn't a cookie.

JC

Thanks, John. Yeah, that worked.

I can never figure out which of their articles require a subscription and
which ones don't.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey Ed,

I was able to go to that webpage and "read" the article about former
President Bush, by just double-clicking the link you gave, if that's
what you meant. I don't know what the Economist is, and I don't have
a subscription for sure, and I didn't have to "log-on" or anything.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Great. Thanks, Brian. That's exactly what I needed to know. Now I can
bother my friends by sending them e-mail and telling them to read it. g

BTW, if you're interested, _The Economist_ is a British magazine (they
call themselves a "newspaper") that some people consider to be the best
magazine published in English. Slightly conservative in the balance, and
quite conservative on economic matters, they have been fairly supportive
of Bush over the years (they supported his election in 2000), but without
any real ideological bent. So this article is quite a surprise.

Well Ed, that's the nature of journalistic integrity isn't it?

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Sure. And I believe _The Economist_ has more of it than almost anyone else.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 24, 2:25*pm, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Ed,

Let me confirm that I also got to see the full article by clicking on
your link.

I have no subscription to the Economist. I enjoy some of the articles
and the one on the Porsche take-over of Volkswagen was a riot once one
read the reader's commentary. The actual article sounded a little
distasteful but the reader's commentary filled-in-the-blanks as it
were.

I use Firefox.

Wolfgang