Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Coarse threads on a 9 x 20 lathe

I've got a Grizzly 9 x 20 lathe and need to cut some threads at 4 tpi. Any
thread charts for this lathe I've got only go down to 6 tpi. Question is,
can I cut 4 tpi on this lathe? And what gears do I use? Has anyone done
this? FWIW, when cutting coarse threads I use a hand crank to turn the
spindle.
TIA,
Paul