Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Right To Work

Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'll make you a standing offer, Ron.

Come to my company and organize my employees
into a union. I'll give them time off and
pay for an off-site conference room for you.

I'll even give you $500 for each employee
that joins your union. As long as you give
me $500 for each one that doesn't.

-jim

Millwright Ron wrote:
Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 19, 11:54*am, Millwright Ron wrote:
Right To Work

The *employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. *They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. *It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. *They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. *We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. *This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. *This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ronwww.unionmillwright.com

It should be called the "Employee No CHoice Act".

They are taking away an employee's right to a secret ballet,
encouraging peer pressure and other tatics to make sure an employee
signs an authorization card. It is crazy and not right.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

And we will send a goon with you in to the polling place to watch you choose
your local and national elected officials. Same thing as giving up the
secret ballot in union elections.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:54:12 -0800, Millwright Ron wrote:

This is a metalworking group. The only metalworking implied in this post
is if the union goons looking over my shoulder during a vote have brass
knuckles or aluminum baseball bats to do their enforcing with -- and I
doubt that they would be so unsubtle.

So go find alt.politics.pro-union-diatribes.senseless, and post there.

Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They will
spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working person
that the EFC act is a very good thing.

Assuming, of course, that you believe that the only employment should be
at union shops. You're a good liar.

It will allow workers to sign a
card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and threatening a
layoff or firing.

Because there'll be too many union eyeballs in the way, attached to union
brains applying that special form of union concern for the employees
health ("we're worried that if you don't do what we want it'll prove
unhealthy for you"). You're a good liar.

They have been cheating workers out of their rights
for long enough.

I _like_ being able to work someplace where I can succeed because I'm
good, not because I can kiss ass or because I'm related to the union
steward or because I can pass meaningless tests. I _don't_ want to work
some place where pay and benefits are determined by body temperature and
length of employment, irrespective of ability. I _like_ my right to
work. You're a good liar.

We need to stand together and tell our congress to
pass this right away.

No, we need to tell our congresscritters that we're watching, and that
we'll be _very_ unhappy if it passes. You're a good liar.

This will do more to stabilize our economy than
any other stimulis on the table.

An all-union economy will do more to finish the destruction of our
economy than just about anything but a no-union economy. You're a good
liar.

This will give more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

This will take away a worker's voice, by taking away the secret ballot
from the union adoption process, and put money in the union boss's -- and
presumably your -- pockets. You're a good liar.

How much are you getting paid for all of this? And where is the money
coming from? Are you really Bill Sizemore, working on "the other side"
for some extra bucks? You're certainly dispensing the same magnitude of
"truth" as he does.

So, your abilities are to be commended. You're doing just fine with The
Big Lie. I particularly like the way that you don't actually have the
courage to lie directly -- you're just saying "stand on these here
railroad tracks, and don't you worry about getting hit by a truck". It's
artistry, in a way.

I hope you're getting paid well.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:54:12 -0800 (PST), Millwright Ron
wrote:

Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

So Ronny...what is the Employee Free Choice Act and what is it all
about?

Tell us in your own words.

Gunner, looking for the Union lable.....

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:50:48 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

I'll make you a standing offer, Ron.

Come to my company and organize my employees
into a union. I'll give them time off and
pay for an off-site conference room for you.

I'll even give you $500 for each employee
that joins your union. As long as you give
me $500 for each one that doesn't.

-jim

Time for Ronny to put his money where his ideology is.

Millwright Ron wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:57:04 -0800 (PST), stryped
wrote:

[...]

Is that the bill that makes secret ballots illegal in union elections,
so the Union Thugs can beat or kill those that dont vote the Union way?

Shouldnt that be the Union Boss Protection Act?

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

I see you are against a secret ballot, why is that? Why does your type NEED
union goons to intimidate people into signing? Be afraid of the secret
ballot...be VERY afraid!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 19, 4:33�pm, "Buerste" wrote:
[...]

Employee Free Choice Now . Org
Educating The World on The EFCA.

Myth vs. Reality: The REALITY is the Employee Free Choice Act Helps
American Workers and their Families.

Despite the need for reform, critics of EFCA continue to misinform the
public about the bill and hide the serious shortcomings of current
labor law. Democrats are committed to setting the record straight and
passing this important legislation on behalf of American workers and
their families.

MYTH: EFCA will prevent the use of secret-ballot elections.

REALITY: EFCA does not strip workers of their right to choose a
secret-ballot election to decide whether to select -- or not to select
-- a union representative. EFCA simply gives workers the additional
option of selecting a union representative by majority sign-up.

Organizing For America begins with the passing of the Employee Free
Choice Act.

The Employee Free Choice Act is nothing new it only reestablishes the
Joy Silk Doctrine of 1949

History

In 1949, the NLRB's Joy Silk Doctrine established that "an employer
could lawfully refuse to bargain with a union claiming representative
status through possession of authorization cards only if he had a
'good faith doubt' as to the union's majority status.This policy was
changed in 1966 with the ruling in Aaron Brothers, where "the Board
made it clear that it had shifted the burden to the General Counsel to
show bad faith and that an employer 'will not be held to have violated
his bargaining obligation... simply because he refuses to rely upon
cards. 'If passed, the proposed Employee Free Choice Act would return
the NLRB policy to the Joy Silk Doctrine and allow employer challenges
to card check elections only when illegal coercion or fraud is
charged.

In 1969, Chief Justice Earl Warren delivered the majority opinion for
the U.S. Supreme Court that upheld the use of card check. Warren
stated, "Almost from the inception of the Act, then, it was recognized
that a union did not have to be certified as the winner of a Board
election to invoke a bargaining obligation; it could establish
majority status by other means... by showing convincing support, for
instance, by a union-called strike or strike vote, or, as here, by
possession of cards signed by a majority of the employees authorizing
the union to represent them for collective bargaining purposes." The
Supreme Court has consistently ruled in favor of card check, and
Warren cited prior affirmations in NLRB v. Bradford Dyeing Assn.,
(1940); Franks Bros. Co. v. NLRB,[(1944); United Mine Workers v.
Arkansas Flooring Co., (1956).

For More Information on EFCA please visit our website and blog

http://www.employeefreechoiceactnow.org

http://efcanow.blogspot.com/

http://www.LaborUnionResources.Org

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:

Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Noticed the plight of GM, Ford, Chrysler? How is that union, mighty mighty union,
protecting them now? The union is selling out the new hires so the old guys can continue
to suck the teat.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

BULL****!!! It doesn't give workers choice, it gives union goons
opportunity to intimidate workers into signing. Why do you lie?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
[...]

Wrong, they are making it so that employees can better organize collectively
so they can fairly bargain with employers. Without this they are at a
disadvantage. You can tell they are because workers haven't had pay raises
in years that amount to anything. By making it easier to form unions it
forces the employers to come to the table and bargain with the workers
collectively. Any moron knows that when you have a group backing you in
anything you do better than all by yourself. Management is against it
because they know if it passes they will have to fork over more of the
profits of the company to the workers. Good for the workers, bad for
managers. Too bad for the owners and managers. They have had all the
advantages for eight years. Now we'll see how it goes when the other side
gets it's chance. No doubt it'll be better for the workers. No wonder
management opposes it. By why do other working people? Are they that dumb
they think siding with management is the way to get ahead? Or can they just
not add up two and two?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 19, 9:59*pm, "Hawke" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

[...]

WHy are they at a disadvantage? Do you even know how the system
currently works? Currently all a union needs to do is have 30% of the
workers sign cards and an official secret ballot election is held by
the NLRB.

You are very telling in your statement that "They have had all the
advantages for eight years. Now we'll see how it goes when the other side
gets it's chance.

To me it just sounds as if you are a repblican hater. You make it
sound as if Bush somehow drastically changed union organizing laws.
These laws have not been changed since before he came into office. The
way elections are held has not changed in decades.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Buerste" wrote:

[...]

There is something else that's relevant - I read in the WSJ that secret
ballots are retained for union decertification votes.

So, the proposal is that certification and decertification ballots be
different, certification being open and decertification being secret.
Wonder why. Shouldn't the same voting method be used for both?

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough.

Hawke, I've never felt cheated by an employer. Have always felt that I had
the upper hand and could withdraw my services at will. Many times I did and
moved on. This mobility is what gets you raises and promotions in a free
economy. Alternatively, I could have been a lemming, joined a union, and
been stuck in the same rut where you cannot (and are not allowed to) be
recognized and rewarded based on merit.

You are getting a lot of flack because the people on this newsgroup are
highly independent and self-made. They are the tinkerers of society or
possibly the Auto Garage owner who decided that he has more skills than
schlepping at a union shop alongside non-productive sheep. Think government
employees (they are mostly unionized). All the great achievers leave after
1 to 2 years of service and go to private industry. What's left are the
non-motivated and non-productive, protected by their union.

Best example: Any state highway department. They suck up graduate Civil
Engineers at a voracious rate. Most of them get licensed after 2-3 years
and leave their government positions for private industry or self practice.
The ones that remain behind are the non-achievers that clog up the works and
drain our public finances. Of course, if anything mildly technical needs to
be designed, the State will contract out the engineering work, most
probably, to one of the bright ones that didn't stick around. This is all
the result of unionization. The system is not able to acknowledge merit and
in fact fights against it.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yuh know, more unions simply means fewer jobs in the USA and more jobs
in China and Bangledesh. Check your history if you doubt this. My
home town was devistated by the unions, pushing up costs beyond what the
employers produce competitively. Those that didn't go out of business
simply moved to someplace else where they could get the labor cheaper.
First to the southeeast of the USA and then offshore.

You can argue all you want about whether this is good or bad, but it
doesn't matter. We are in a global economy and anything that anybody
wants WILL be successfully produced where it is cheapest to do so for
the market that wants it.
I have listened to many union people over the years telling me how
much time they wasted and how much stuff they took home from the
workplace. Doesn't sound like a labor force that's trying to minimize
production costs to me.
That aside, pushing to squeeze more out of the employer with a union
will simply speed up the loss of manufacturing in the USA. You know it
as well as I do.

I wish it was different, but it ain't,
Pete Stanaitis
------------------

Millwright Ron wrote:
Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more
voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
On Jan 19, 9:59 pm, "Hawke" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

[...]

Bird-boy never lets facts get in the way of his hate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:
Right To Work

The employee free choice act has the RTW people very afraid. They
will spend millions to fight it which proves to any actual working
person that the EFC act is a very good thing. It will allow workers
to sign a card without the boss looking over his or her shoulder and
threatening a layoff or firing. They have been cheating workers out
of their rights for long enough. We need to stand together and tell
our congress to pass this right away. This will do more to stabilize
our economy than any other stimulis on the table. This will give
more voice to the workers and put money in our pockets

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

When I choose union representation, I'll do it with a secret ballot,
not some signed card that tells the union who to lean on because they
haven't signed a card yet.

Why are you afraid of the honesty of a secret ballot?

David