Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Biggest forklift thing I've ever seen

Check out the machine in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGGdv3QUJ4&NR=1

guess it's weight?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 8, 10:01*am, Randy wrote:
Check out the machine in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGGdv3QUJ4&NR=1

guess it's weight?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Quite an impressive piece of equipment. I'd guess
it's weight somewhere around 90,000#.

dennis
in nca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-01-08, Randy wrote:
Check out the machine in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGGdv3QUJ4&NR=1

guess it's weight?

That's not a forklift. My guess would be 40 tons.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I believe it is a called "yarder". Logs are awful thin compared to what they
log here, but the length was impressive for road work.
The trucker should have been out of the cab, it's really easy to flip or
crush a truck with a yard skidder.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy wrote in
:

Check out the machine in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGGdv3QUJ4&NR=1

guess it's weight?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

It's a logtstacker, specifically a Wagner Lumberjack.
http://www.alliedsystems.com/wagner/logstacker.htm

Letourneau also makes a similar machine.
http://www.letourneau-inc.com/forestry/stackers.htm

These can occasionally be seen crossing the highway (unloaded) just on the
outskirts of the city here. Interesting when you come around a bend at 70
k/hr and one of them is in the middle of the intersection.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Randy" wrote in message
Check out the machine in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGGdv3QUJ4&NR=1

guess it's weight?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

It's not a forklift. It's a log loader that can pick up a whole truck load
of logs at once.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Most mills I've worked in called it the "gobbler".

I've operated ones built by Dart and Terex. We
picked up a D8 with the Dart one time and used the
winch on the cat to pull a piece of equipment
out of a building, with the cat about 20 ft in the
air. Wish I had taken a picture of that!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:36:16 -0800, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

I believe it is a called "yarder". Logs are awful thin compared to what they
log here, but the length was impressive for road work.
The trucker should have been out of the cab, it's really easy to flip or
crush a truck with a yard skidder.

I wasn't sure of it's name, hence the "forklift THING"

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Marrs wrote:

... We
picked up a D8 with the Dart one time and used the
winch on the cat to pull a piece of equipment
out of a building, with the cat about 20 ft in the
air.

That means there was an operator on the cat while it was 20' in the air?
Running the winch?

Wish I had taken a picture of that!

Me too.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 03:22:11 GMT, Charles U Farley
wrote:

Randy wrote in
:

Check out the machine in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGGdv3QUJ4&NR=1

guess it's weight?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

It's a logtstacker, specifically a Wagner Lumberjack.
http://www.alliedsystems.com/wagner/logstacker.htm

Letourneau also makes a similar machine.
http://www.letourneau-inc.com/forestry/stackers.htm

These can occasionally be seen crossing the highway (unloaded) just on the
outskirts of the city here. Interesting when you come around a bend at 70
k/hr and one of them is in the middle of the intersection.

The Wagner wins, the Letourneau has a mast similar to a standard
forklift.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Bill Marrs wrote:

... We
picked up a D8 with the Dart one time and used the
winch on the cat to pull a piece of equipment
out of a building, with the cat about 20 ft in the
air.

That means there was an operator on the cat while it was 20' in the air?
Running the winch?

Wish I had taken a picture of that!

Me too.

Bob

Yup--Picked up the cat operator and all, played out a couple hundred feet of
winch line
and skidded a shifting-saw edger out through a hole in the side of the
building.
Millwrighting in a sawmill was fun sometimes--got to play with a lot of big
toys.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I believe it is a called "yarder".
I wasn't sure of it's name, hence the "forklift THING"

I stand corrected. A "Yarder is a different piece of equipment. Sort of a
makeshift crane. I used to see one up in Yuba county based on a Sherman tank
hull.
I have lived in lumber country for 20 years or so but don't work in the
industry. Mill machinists don't make enough.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--That's the timber industry for ya. If the trucker had positioned
his trailer better that ridiculous contraption would have burned about 10
gallons less fuel just picking up the load.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 8:50*am, steamer wrote:
* * * * --That's the timber industry for ya. If the trucker had positioned
his trailer better that ridiculous contraption would have burned about 10
gallons less fuel just picking up the load.

--
* * * * "Steamboat Ed" Haas * * * * : *Do us a favor and rescue
* * * * Hacking the Trailing Edge! *: *a doggie or three...
* * * * * * * * * * * * *www.nmpproducts.com
* * * * * * * * * *---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Might have been a newer operator also; too much back-and-forward
motion. Should have made it in one pass.

dennis
in nca

forklift VS blacktop Randy Metalworking 4 April 25th 08 03:14 PM
Biggest Doorway Ever DerbyDad03 Home Repair 0 December 11th 07 02:09 AM
forklift questions Randy Metalworking 15 November 10th 07 04:07 AM
manual forklift? Fred Home Repair 3 March 28th 05 07:26 PM
What's this leaky thing in my boiler...? - thing.jpg (0/1) fred UK diy 9 August 21st 04 10:51 PM