Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Industry Standard Chuck Smaller than ER8?

Looking for an industry standard chuck style (collet style?) that is smaller
in diameter than ER8. Presently, ER8M collets only allow a C-C distance of
13.5MM or 0.532"

Anyone know of a similar tool holding device that gets closer?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Looking for an industry standard chuck style (collet style?) that is smaller
in diameter than ER8. Presently, ER8M collets only allow a C-C distance of
13.5MM or 0.532"

Anyone know of a similar tool holding device that gets closer?

Dremel tool chuck and collets. Whether or not
it's an industry standard is certainly debatable...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:42:04 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Looking for an industry standard chuck style (collet style?) that is smaller
in diameter than ER8. Presently, ER8M collets only allow a C-C distance of
13.5MM or 0.532"

I can't help with an industry standard collet, but if you want to look
into creating your own I have a collet design I did for a customer
that holds up to .100 diameter tools on .250 centers. It may not be
exactly what you're looking for, but should be close enough to get
estimates on the price of the collets without having to start from
scratch.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can't help with an industry standard collet, but if you want to look
into creating your own I have a collet design I did for a customer
that holds up to .100 diameter tools on .250 centers. It may not be
exactly what you're looking for, but should be close enough to get
estimates on the price of the collets without having to start from
scratch.

Ned,

If you want to shoot me some drawings, I'd love to see them. Might not go
to production with them, but if I did, you'd get a % of future sales with
that design.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Hex to standard chuck adapter? Boondoggle Home Repair 2 December 5th 06 06:13 PM
Smaller GLS bulbs WM UK diy 9 January 16th 06 01:21 PM
Milwaukee 5620 Router Industry Standard Hole Spacing? Steved1961 Woodworking 4 April 17th 05 10:01 PM
SDS+ to standard chuck? -= debully =- UK diy 9 April 19th 04 06:26 PM
SDS drill with standard chuck David Hearn UK diy 17 February 23rd 04 11:03 AM