Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BBQ smoker to rent?

"RAM³" wrote:

Ernie's would be a Medium-sized BBQ pit in Texas. G

For those who get into the BBQ Cookoff circuit, 1,000 gallon tanks are
fairly popular until they outgrow them and go on to big ones.

Someone just had to get a Texan going...

Wes

PS

I'll take my cooked on the outside mooing on the inside.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote in news:LPe6l.25384$kG.2875@en-nntp-
06.dc1.easynews.com:

"RAM³" wrote:

Ernie's would be a Medium-sized BBQ pit in Texas. G

For those who get into the BBQ Cookoff circuit, 1,000 gallon tanks are
fairly popular until they outgrow them and go on to big ones.

Someone just had to get a Texan going...

Wes

PS

I'll take my cooked on the outside mooing on the inside.

SWMBO is one of those whose idea of "properly done" meat involves a live
steer, a knife, and a Bic lighter. grin

FWIW, that 4'x4'x30' + 4' cubic firebox pit that I mentioned was (is?) in
a custom-built 53' fifth-wheel trailer. It belonged (belongs?) to an
Oilman's Charity BBQ cooking team that I was once a member of in the
1980s.

Fully insulated and air-conditioned, the trailer contained a fully-
stocked pantry and a fully-functional kitchen in addition to the pit.

The largest group that we normally cooked for was an Annual Benefit in
Houston with over 2,000 attendees.

In this area, at least, BBQ is a staple for Fund Raisers that may draw
from 500-5,000 people depending upon the cause and who's cooking.

Each year, in just this one little (5,000 pop. max.) we have a "Square
Fair" that will usually draw close to 10,000 people of all ages. In
addition to a handfull of vendors selling craft items, there will be at
least 4 pits going, 2-4 burger/hot dog trailers, and at least one Funnel
Cake trailer.

They all make handsome profits for their organizations and/or themselves.

Most of the pits will be homebuilt 25'-35' long x 3'-4' diameter and
mounted on 3-/4-axle trailers that have removable/collapsible
roofs/canopies, soft drink dispensers, and work surfaces.

As you can see, Ernie's 500-gallon tank pit wouldn't be considered large
around here. grin

Dryer motor smoker Ray L. Volts Electronics Repair 14 February 24th 08 11:04 AM
SMOKER J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 06:09 AM
Boiler/smoker Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 10 March 29th 06 11:23 AM
Homebuilt Smoker ? Iowa883 Home Repair 5 July 25th 05 04:19 AM
UPS box smoker [email protected] Metalworking 1 January 31st 05 11:26 PM